Go Bottom Go Bottom

tc29 woes

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-04-18          14901

Buy the 2710 kubota. I bought a NH in March. It was rusted from the shipping, wouldn't start the first time I went to use it, has components falling off it due to poor manufacturing QC and the second time I used it the gear box on the NH belly mower crapped out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tc29 woes

View my Photos
Kruser
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-04-18          14906

Cutter... I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the TC29, but I'm well
satisfied with mine (bought last fall). Have had a couple of minor problems
with tires, which the dealer made right; (everybody... a good dealer is *very* important!) otherwise everything seems to be OK. I really like the tractor, especially the ergonomics (very comfortable swivel seat, telescoping 3-pt arms, control placement, etc). What exactly was rusted, and what parts
fell off? ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
Donald

2000-04-18          14907

Cutter, sorry to read of your TC29 problems! I have the TC29D, and it is GREAT. Other than road dust, I received it in mint condition & it runs like a top. Like Kruser, I love the way all the controls are so easy to reach & operate, the seat is super & the floor board is so roomy. I'll leave tools on the floor board while moving from project to project, and they stay there. You must have a very poor dealer to sell you a tractor in such shape, and not stand behind it. Was it new or used? Donald

tc29 woes

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-04-19          14924

Much of what is dark grey was rusted.(just starting to come through in most areas). All the control pedals were completely rusted, the dealer changed them after I saw it and said something about it (I bought the machine sight unseen, it came from their distribution center). Some other areas were rusty and I have been cleaning and painting here and there. The implements are not too bad, they were in a box. The dealer has been SUPER, I am fortunate to have selected him. I would recommend them to anyone. The wire harness fell off where it is glued to the hood on the inside. The rubber gasket used to seal the compartment was ripped. The dealer was going to take one off another tractor but they were ALL ripped in the installation process at the assembly plant. The first time I went to use it, it wouldn't start(dealer came and made repair). I had a bad hydro hose that blew out the first try with the loader (dealer came and made repair). The first try with the mower deck and the gear box is grinding itself apart (trying to get NH to replace it). The machine is VERY comfortable and well thought out. I'm just one of those people that takes exceptional care of their equipment, and to start out with all this mess is very frustrating. Especially considering what they charge for these things. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
Rick Seymour

2000-04-19          14954

I'm sorry guys, there is something more to the story here. I also got a TC29D last August. I've been thrilled with it & have had no problems. All of the top manufactures are good & they all may have a problem from time to time, but I can't help but think we are missing something here. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
cutter

2000-04-20          14977

This is my third new tractor. If something is missing, it is in the QC department of NH. Never so much as had a service call on the JD or Kubota. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
JeffM

2000-04-21          14991

Rick, what I think is missing here is the recognition that NONE of our beloved tractor manufacturers are perfect. If we have no trouble believing (finally) that John Deere produced some tractors with poor front axles, then why would do you have trouble believing that NH could produce a lemon once in a while. I've seen several posts lately about Boomers that were delivered rust-free and perfect - and I've also seen firsthand Boomers that were delivered with rust on them. No different than some Kubotas or Deeres I've seen. We had some similar skepticism when the early "JD4x00 scuffing" posts hit this board last fall. I personally drove two new JD4400's on the same day in January; one scuffed like a plow while the other had no problems whatsoever. My point is that just because a manufacturer can produce a good tractor, it doesn't imply that they can't produce a bad one. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
cutter

2000-04-21          14993

Thank you Jeff. Not that owning the lemon is any honor. As fussy as I am, I may trade it right back with 7 hours on it, as soon as the deck is fixed. I was really close to buying the 2710, but the super steer and operator conveniences sold me on the NH. The machine looks good now, I have some areas to touch up yet, but not too noticeable. What irks me is that it had to be done in the first place. The JD I traded was perfect. The Kabota before that the same. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
BoomerBoy

2000-05-06          16021

Sorry to hear of your woes! I just spent 6 hours on my TC29D today mowing in the 80°F heat of Norheast Ohio. I researched the competition to find a fabricated mower deck. The last two tractors I had carried fabricated decks; not the stamped steel decks that are easily found everywhere (you know, the Greens, Reds, and orange ones). My TC29D carries a 914A midmount 60" mower deck. I could not be more thrilled with its performance. Don't settle for less than you deserve! These toys are the ULTIMATE expense! You bought into New Holland, now DEMAND them to perform! Your dealer can help! ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
cutter

2000-05-07          16031

The deck is now fixed. NH would not replace the gear box, but the dealer did on his own. He felt due to the problems I had experienced, it was the right thing to do. HE also sent out a brand new Bush Hog rear mount finish mower for me to use while mine was out of service. Like I said before, the dealer here has made all the diference. NH has called me a couple of times, but really hasn't offered much of anything. They said they were "sorry" for the number of breakdowns. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least they called and showed concern. That is more than some do. They called the dealer, but my issues weren't with him in the first place, they were with NH's area rep. I did notice that the deck was much harder to install than any I have owned. It won't fit under the tractor when equipped with Super Steer. We had to jack the machine up for both installation and removal. Everything is running good now, so time will tell how it holds up. Good luck with your Boomer. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
David Carpenter

2000-06-21          17387

I had a unfortunate vehicle accident while transporting my TC29. It was badly damaged, but the insurance through NH finance covered the damage. My dealer had trouble getting parts from NH, they kept being back ordered. I called the NH customer hot line, explained the problem. The rep took the info, made some calls to my dealer, the area rep, the national parts office and within 5 days my dealer had the parts. The dealer called today and said the TC29 was ready to go. I would advise anyone with a service, parts or dealer problem to call the hotline and see if they can help. Plus it pays to be persistant, call and keep calling until the problem is solved! ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
BigFinn

2000-06-21          17391

David, I also financed my TC29 through NH. Was the insurance you speak of an added cost or inherent in the finacing? How was the tractor damaged? Hope you don't mind me asking, it's just that I'm trailoring my tractor virtually every time I use it. Thanks. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
David Carpenter

2000-06-22          17420

I blew out a rear tire on my tow vehicle, fishtailed wildly and the tractor was thrown off the trailer, bounced, rolled over several times. The 3 point hitch was damaged, the rollover bars damaged, 3 wheels bent, the hood damaged, the radiator and fan bent, the left rear axle and axle housing broken. I now have upgraded my tow vehicle(traded a dodge dakota for a dodge ram 2500 with cummins diesel) and modified the trailer with a more secure tiedown system.
The insurance was a add on charge to the financing. ....

tc29 woes

View my Photos
BigFinn

2000-06-23          17440

Wow, sounds like a wild ride. Glad you did not get hurt. My greatest fear when trailering is blowing a tire out. I hope to upgrade my tow rig (Bronco) to something similar to the Dodge ram. I also insured the tractor (just liability) through my insurance agent. Just in case it falls of the trailer and injures someone. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login