Go Bottom Go Bottom

BearCat Chipper Reviews

View my Photos
botics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-13          143676

Bearcat PTO chipper model number 77454 with the square discharge chute (model 74634-00).

I was lucky enough to hit the dealer last Friday when they had a rep from Bearcat and was demoing the chipper. The rep pointed me towards the smaller 77454 chipper.

We have a ton of ficus and other small brush down here so I also opted to purchase a Bearcat 75311 3" chipper / shredder on the days I need to fit into tight places. A shredder will justy suck in ficus and any other cuttings I need to dump into the chute.

I have tried both units and they are awesome...simply put they get the job done with ease. Highly recomend looking at Bearcat (owned by Echo).

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BearCat Chipper Reviews

View my Photos
AnnBrush
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-14          143685

Save us the BS, in anycase my BearCat was the WORST purchase I could have ever made. ....

BearCat Chipper Reviews

View my Photos
tetloader

2007-07-14          143686

AnnBrush -- please elaborate on why the Bearcat was SO BAD. ....

BearCat Chipper Reviews

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-14          143689

Some Bearcat chippers have discharge chutes that look like they were designed to jam. When the discharge path has to make several 90 degree turns jams are inevitable. Other models had a clean discharge path that would not have this problem. ....

BearCat Chipper Reviews

View my Photos
botics

2007-07-14          143695

It seems AnnBrush has an issue with BearCat as well as Winco- again sorry to hear your equipment is giving you so much of a pain.

But my post was not BS and I wonder how well you maintain your equipment, which would probably answer why you seem to have so many issues.

I maintain all of my equipment and keep it garaged. ....

BearCat Chipper Reviews

View my Photos
fonman_4859

2007-11-14          148279

I worked for Home Depot in the tool rental department. The company purchased a self-powered Bearcat chipper for rental. I have to say that we spent more time working on that chipper than we did renting it. We had trouble with the flywheel coming off and the bearings on the shaft that carry the flails wore out several times within the 18 months that we had it for rent. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login