Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
metastable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-26          106854

I've seen a lot of posts about the JM6, but very few regarding power needed. I just picked my chipper up from tractors4you.com (great dealer!). He also has the Oregon tax credit forms (35% of sale price) for Oregon residents.

This chipper works great on a Kubota B7610HSD (24 tractor HP/18 PTO HP). Tractor easily runs it with 5" dry and green alder and cedar, but have not tried harder woods. Chips can be directed to a very small area with the adjustable discharge chute. I am seeing chip sizes that are 1/2" typical with some larger splinters making it through.

The chipper doesn't feel any heavier than my Woods RD6000 finish mower even though it is 800+ pounds; ie, the 3PH lifts it just fine with a loader on the front. When not connected to the tractor, the chipper can be tipped over onto the feed chute for transporting in a pickup with a 6ft bed, and is just as easy to set it back upright.

As the 3PH lift-points on the chipper are mounted (they are adjustable), the PTO shaft distance to this model of tractor is very short (about 16"). Fortunately, the PTO shaft is also short.

Operation: Engage the PTO with low engine RPMs and then run the engine up to speed. When stopping, don't use the tractor engine to slow the flywheel down. Just disengage the PTO and let it coast to a stop. The flywheel has a lot of kinetic energy.

I also have to point out something that Ken (and others) have mentioned. The feed roller lift bar is difficult to operate and needs a foot pedal.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-26          106860

I could have sold you mine which already has the footpedal modification! Yep, it should work on a wide range of machines with differing pto horsepower, but as the hp goes down so does the size of material it can handle. With 25 pto hp it is a struggle to do 5-6" material but with 35 it should be a piece of cake. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
metastable

2005-02-26          106898

I had seen in another post that you had gotten a professional unit. I had considered asking you, but didn't think you would take a 35% hit on the price since you can only claim the tax credit once on any given machine. Do you still use yours, or have you switched over to the bigger chipper only? ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-27          106899

I just use the bandit chipper now. It's hard to beat the effortless feed of dual hydraulic feed rollers. I'd sort of like to keep the Jinma but can't really justify having that money sunk for the occasional use it would get. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
vanlagan

2005-03-19          108341

I'd love to take that jinma off your hands! ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-03-19          108346

I'd like to sell it to you, too! I doubt it would be economical to ship it from Oregon to NEPA though. I got a shipping quote from Oregon to TN and it was over $1k. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
vanlagan

2005-03-29          109047

I went ahead and bought one from Tommy at Affordable Tractors in Texas.
I just need to modify it with the "foot bar"! ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-03-29          109049

Make sure you change the gearbox oil before you use it. Also, take off the feed roller driveshaft, tap the holes in the square socket driveshaft ends and put in some set screws to keep the square sockets from slipping off the square male ends on the gearbox and feed roller. If you don't it's just a matter of time before they will cock and get rounded off during operation. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
jeffinsgf

2005-03-30          109070

I wish there was something in between the Jinma and a 5000 dollar hydro drive. I had a Craftsman 8hp "gravity" feed that shook apart after two days of fairly heavy work. Let's just say that gravity needed a helping hand. I have trouble remembering anytime when I worked harder than those two days. I can't bring myself to buy anything Chinese when there are alternatives. That is in addition to the stream of posts about all the little things you have to do to make the thing run. Wallenstein looks great, but my what a price tag. I've been watching eBay....maybe someday the right machine will come along. Until then, I will just pile it up and rent the Vermeer that is at a rental yard not too far away. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-03-30          109100

Once you do a few things to the Jinma there's not a whole lot to go wrong with it. I looked at some other brands costing as much as $5k and they didn't really look like they had big advantages over the Jinma. Not sure how reliable or maintenance intensive the other brands are but some of them have design flaws. For example, one ~$5k Bearcat with optional blower is a clogging nightmare because the blower stream changes direction slowing the discharge a lot. The dealer steered me away from that one. Another I looked at (forget the brand but it was $3500) was gravity feed and didn't have a blower at all. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
vanlagan

2005-03-30          109141

I was the same way about buying the Chinese chipper. But after doing exhaustive research there really isn't anything close in price and construction. I used a Troybilt 10HP for a few years and it did fine but just wasn't big enough anymore. I am still in the process of tweaking the Jinma. The extra work doesn't bother me, I like "Tweaking" stuff!! ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
vanlagan

2005-04-01          109279

I used my Jinma chipper for 2 hours today and was VERY impressed with this $1600.00 chipper. I threw some pretty big stuff at it and it just ate it up! I have done all of the suggested maintence before using it except the set screw in the feed drive shaft, but that'll be done before the next use.
You guys have been a tremendous wealth of knowledge and I appreciate it!! ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
jimhatfield

2005-04-18          110044

I am a new member to tractor point. I have learnt a lot from all you guys and really appreciate your knowledge. I too am looking to buy a chipper and the Jinma is a consideration. are you still interested in selling yours. I am in Colton OR so collecting the unit would not be a problem. If you do we should talk.

Also having seen your BoDozer I have decided to order the 5ft version from Dale. I have a lot of slash piles to deal with.

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
cjrhea

2005-06-15          112410

I've seen the references to Tommy at Affordable Tractors, but has anybody used Starlight Tractor Sales (Indiana)?? They are several hundred $$ cheaper (Tommy doesn't know how).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7523915491
http://www.starlightractor.com/

These folks are closer to me (less shipping), but I don't want to go with them unless they are a decent dealer. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
vanlagan

2005-06-15          112418

Tommy at affordable was excellent from beginning to end. I really don't have any idea about starlight. Do what you think is the best for you, but I know that Tommy will help you if you need it!
Good Luck. It's an excellent chipper for the money spent! ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
QUINTERO

2005-06-21          112630

I'm looking to buy the Jinma chipper and he has the best price, I put in a call and email yesterday still no response,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7523915491
I am also looking for a 3 pt trencher,probably Jinma,let me know how it goes with you, Luis ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
ddivinia

2005-08-13          114827

Why did you get rid of it? Let me guess, the intake wheel system...

D.

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-08-13          114828

Nope, the feed roller is easily fixed, although it isn't as powerful as hydraulic ones. I had too much big stuff to chip and the 6" Jinma just wasn't big enough. I am running 40 foot trees through it and don't want to limb first. ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
mtullis

2005-09-14          116405

I'm looking to buy a Jinma chipper, but i can't find a dealer. I'm in NE GA it you know of a dealer let me know. Thanks ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
affordable

2005-09-17          116579

We have them in stock, give me a call or e-mail,shipping to Ga. should not be too bad from Texas

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

We do have all the replacement parts in stock also ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
vanlagan

2005-09-18          116605

If you are serious about buying a Jinma go with Tommy at Affordable. He will take care of you! ....

New Jinma JM6 Chipper

View my Photos
affordable

2005-09-18          116606

Thanks for the kind words,we try to do all we can to help and appreciate all the buiness in return

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login