Go Bottom Go Bottom

What is on your Spring Projects List

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-26          196597

It has been only a couple of weeks since removing the snowblower and subframe, and it is time to get ready for spring projects and summer chores.

Each spring I change engine the oil and filter PH3593 with Mobil One, blow out air filter with compressed air or replace when needed, grease loader and mower deck fittings. I then mount the loader for early spring activities like Bulk Mulching and dirt.

Some seasons I leave the loader on, but leaving it on makes the tractor less stable if you forget to put it in 4WD when going down a slope. Better to take it off, but sometimes Spring loader projects stretch into summer ;-)

My tractor requires lifting the front end to slide the MMM under, if I have the loader on I use the bucket to lift the tractor to install, else I use a floor jack.

I have only sharpened the mower blades once in many years of use, and do not notice any problem with that practice.

Time to order a load of mulch.

What is on your Spring Project List?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jobone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-26          196598

Yup was not much of a snow year for sure!

I usually power wash and clean up the Tractor before winter, but neglected to do it this year so I will have to do what you listed as well.

I need to replace some split rail fence that has gotten pretty bad not sure if just some or a complete redo yet.

Driveway needs to be reworked with box blade may need a load of quarry process as well.

At same time will need to till small garden plot for planting.

Probably add more to the list as I go

View my Photos
charlieK
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-04-27          196625

recently had to take back blade off the L3130--take the tires w/chains off one o the antique vans--take the studded snow tires off one o the old sweedes--drag my sporties outa winter storage--all because there was no snow here in the ville this past winter and I have seen it snow on derby day here before ....

View my Photos
ford2000
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-04-28          196630

Winter should be the time for getting all my gear in shape.. but did not do it so step one will be that right now, then the list will follow. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2017-04-30          196646

Busy spring, still cleaning up Hurricane Matthew. For a Cat 1 hurricane it did more damage to us than did Hugo at Cat 4. Hope to get that done over the summer.

In process of moving our about 40 acres of farm land from row crop to hay so had to get land ready for sprigging bermuda grass, only did 15 acres this year as total new crop for me. If all goes well this year probably will do rest next year. But that also requires major work to get a few acres ready.

My most urgent job is to pressure wash our house and other buildings due to warm wet winter. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2020-05-30          199291

Reading this brought back some memories that have been brought back to life in last few days. The damage that Hurricane Matthew brought showed itself again today as found a leak in my mother in laws house from damage to the roof from then. Twisted the loader on my tractor removing tree off that roof and replaced with upgraded loader. Have that tractor for sale, think sold it yesterday. As to the hay, decided last year I was old enough to retire from farming with the need to invest about $100,000 in barn and some hay equipment to remain in the hay business. That is reason the tractor was for sale.

Had to hire the washing of our house...too busy and has not slowed up yet. Hope you got all your task done ....

View my Photos
jobone

2021-03-16          200130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthompson | view 196646
Busy spring, still cleaning up Hurricane Matthew. For a Cat 1 hurricane it did more damage to us than did Hugo at Cat 4. Hope to get that done over th ...

I need to get a house painter and they include pressure washing in the quote. I have seen some House Washing Only services and was thinking they might do a better job.

Did your guys work out oK? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login