Go Bottom Go Bottom

Teeth for my John deere 2210 FEL

View my Photos
quincy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-04          65541

I am looking into giving my 2210 with a 49"fel a bit more bite while digging and grading. Can anyone suggest a good tooth bar or set up that would go on and off easily. I have a hard time believing that the local dealers are asking 300 to 400.00 for such a simple thing.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-04          65544

Not much cheaper, especially after shipping, but here is what I have in my favorites list.

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-04          65572

I have the same tooth bar thats in the previous post it works great held on by two bolts. Paid just under $300.00 for it. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2003-10-20          66620

hi mark, saw your post on loader board ,tring to get the one to come up that has the picture of the bucket teeth . I have a bx2200 w/loader, and was wondering what difference these make? worth the money? is there anyone else you can think of that sells seperate teeth for a homemade teeth bar? ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-10-20          66623

I guess it's what a person gets used to. I was working a compost pile the other day--taking some out for the garden and adding a new batch of leafs. There wasn't enough compost to mix and cover the new material so I had to cut some dirt from surrounding areas. I was mostly using a box scraper and I remember thinking 'I wonder how people use loaders do this?'

I tried digging with my toothless loader a couple of times from the top of the pile but it wasn't working too well so I turned around and cut a few full boxes and dragged them part way up the pile. I later spread it better by back-dragging with the loader.

If there's a point to be made here it's that had I been using a toothed loader I would have had to remove the tooth bar to back-drag with it. And, $400 seems like a starting price for a decent box scraper. I like to keep both ends of a tractor working but I know what I got used to wouldn't work for everybody. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-10-20          66639

Unit5, I actually do not have a set of bucket teeth, I just keep such things bookmarked for future reference.

I have a backhoe and a box scraper so I have not felt the need to put dentures on my FEL, but folks who have report they work very well. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-20          66644

This company has two toothbar models that fit over buckets both with and without bolt-on cutting edges. I don't own one but I found them on the web and am thinking of buying one. I like the fact that their toothbar has an adjustment that pulls it really tight against the edge of the bucket. The only problem is that they don't seem to answer their email so you'll probably have to call 'em if you're interested. ....

Link:   Berlon Industries

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-02-01          75678

I know this is an older thread, but wanted to share a link to a company that makes what appears to be a solid toothbar and lanscaper bar. I'm setting my $ aside for the landscaper bar. It looks like this design is as solid as any, and as expensive, too. Reference courtesy of "Henro." The landscaper has teeth every 2.5-3 inches versus the 10-11 inch spacing of most toothbars. Better for "raking," backdragging, smoothing, and brush removal work. The front edge is a "wrap-over" design which protects your bucket's cutting edge, adds rigidity, and provides a wear surface on the bottom of the bucket. ....

Link:   EZ Bucket Attachments

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-02          75761

if you have a welder you can build one you self. You can get the teeth and brackets at any heavy equipment dealership for $25 each. Weld them to a piece of 3/8" steel and bolt that to the bucket. If you have a cutting torch. Get a piece of 1/2 or 3/4" thick steel that is abour 6 ot 8 inchs wide. Cut out sections of steel leaveing 6 or so teeth. Then take the scrap and cut out some more pieces that are the same size as the teeth . Weld these on to the teeth cut out of the steel. So you will have 1" or 1.5" thick teeth. You can do that for about $35 total. Even better take a stick welder and run those sticks that are for loader buckets that are harding. Run those across the bottom and front edge for a no wear finish. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2004-02-02          75767

Gottabegreen that sound good , I like to try to make my own thinks ,Always seemn to save a lot dollars ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-02          75805

I am the same way. I can't make a living if i pay the new price for equipment. I buy used or make it myself. A new product is $500 and i built it for $125. I put another $375 in my pocket and build it ten times heavier. I decided a new welder is a better choice than a some new attchements that i can build my self. A couple of pictures of the ready made, few thinking hours and a few drawing. I can start building. I got a welding shop with a shear and brake at my despoal. I got this tooth bar idea from the new case tooth bars and improved on it. There new tooth bar has a 3"by 2" tooth every 6 or 8 inches. They just take a milling machine and machine out the teeth from 3/4" thick heat treated steel. Harding welding rod can do the same thing. ....

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-02-04          75981

Well, many of us desk jockeys couldn't make a living if we DID fabricate many of our gadgets. There was a time in my life when I had the tools and the time to use them, but I'm gone from my house from just about 7 to 7 every day, and I need time to take the kids to scouts, ball practice, band and wrestling. When I need something like a toothbar, I gotta' buy it if I ever want it. I enjoy my tractors and gadgets becasue they let me find time to live my family life. I suppose all that will change some day and I'll be back in the shop with a pin-up calendar on the wall and a dozing wife in the parlor. Gotta' get these kids through college fir$t, though.

Pete ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-02-05          76001

bigpete it is a toss up time to build or work a couple of hours extra and pay for it.

Just so you remember the calendars today (the shop freebies) are not like yesteryear. But the models do seem to have something about their eyes now.

Most of the tool calendars do not even have women on them now bacause of the issues related.

And forget the calendar model that has the longest legs I've ever seen saying something about "it takes a big wrench to loosen big nuts" or something like that :-0 ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-05          76010

heres an idea tell the kids they have to pay for their own college. That what my father told me. So i started my landscape business when i was 13. It still going strong. Buy yourself a welder and have some fun. Or send the wife and kids on a vaction. Then you got the whole house and shop to yourself. HAHAHAHA ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login