Go Bottom Go Bottom

factory vs other brand FEL

View my Photos
Kenne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-09          48922

I am looking to by my first tractor this summer. I've narrowed it down to the New Holland TC30 or TC33. What kind of price or performance can I expect from buying a factory vs. off brand FEL? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Kenne

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-09          48945

I have not seen any big price difference between a NH loader and a off-brand. Some off-brand loaders may offer some advantages but each loader is its pros and cons.
I would look for the ease of removal and attachment, the strength of the systems attachment points and the strength of the bucket.
Personally I would probably go with the NH especially on the TC33 as you can get the control integrated into the tractor. ....

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-09          48959

New Holland is coming out with their 14LA loader soon. If I bought a TC29 or 33 this summer, I would be sure it was equipped with that model. Looks very slick, like the new loader available on the TC24. Some might have the 7308 loader if produced before the 14LA comes out. It's common for the NH class II's to have an off brand loader because the specs for the current factory unit are a little on the light side.
Pacesetter ....

View my Photos
jyoutz

2003-02-10          48967

One thing to think long and hard about is my example. I almost bought a Great Bend loader ($600 cheaper than JD). I believe they are as well made as my JD loader, BUT I found out that the loader subframe was incompatable with my mid-mount mower and there would have been no way to easily switch from one to another without a grueling subframe switchout. Also the ease of attaching and detaching the factory loader is usually MUCH better. In summary, IF you don't ever want a mid-mount mower or other front or mid-frame attachment, and IF you don't wish to remove the loader often or at all, then the aftermarket loader could be a viable cost-savings. Otherwise, pass it by and get the factory set-up. ....

View my Photos
JackHerr

2003-02-11          49037

Pacesetter, your analysis is perfect on both the upcoming 14LA and the outgoing 7308. The 7308 is a well-finished loader, but weak on the specs.
Recent history with the New Holland loaders is encouraging. The 12LA, 16LA/17LA are very good looking loaders with specs that match the looks. We can only hope that the upcoming 14LA follows the trend.
If I was buying a TC33 to replace my 1520, I would look long & hard for an alternative to the 7308. Great Bend or Woods would be decent alternatives. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-11          49043

The mower connection is a good point when looking at loaders. The other thing that gets me some times with them is if the manufactuer of a tractor offers a loader with only so much lift don't look to exceed that by going to the aftermarket loader. The manufactuer knows what the load limits are on his front axle. Some of the tractor lines are buying there loaders from loader manufacturers like Great Bend who has built loaders for nearly every company under there advisement for them. Doesn't mean it is the same as Great Bend will sell you thru there dealers. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login