Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC 35 16 LA LOADER LEAKS DOWN HELP

View my Photos
mtullis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-29          135564

I have a TC 35A with a 16 LA loader, and the bucket leaks down. (all the way in 5 mins) I had the loader put on and it has done it from day one. I'm hopeing it's something EZ to fix and I can do it myself. Where is a good place to start looking?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-29          135565

You might try swapping the lift and curl circuits and see if the behavior changes. Isn't it under warranty? ....

View my Photos
mtullis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-29          135568

I've had it for about a year, and it was more work to load it up and take it back then it is to just bump the lever to keep it up. Thanks for the info. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-29          135570

The leakdown could be in the valve or cylinders. By swapping circuits if the problem stays it's probably the lift cylinders and if the problem moves it's probably the valves. That's my thinking anyway but I'm no hydraulic expert. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-09-29          135571

Based on what I've seen, it's rarely the valve.

The seals in the cylinder usually let go long before the valve, based on absolute pressure failure points. The cylinder seals are just simply the weak link in the system.

If there is a hydraulics shop near you, or even a good-sized Ag. dealer, just take the two cylinders off and take then to be resealed, it's not much money.

If you're adventurous, it's only about $5 worth of O-rings and about an hour a cylinder (for a rookie, 10 minutes for a pro) to do it yourself. No tools more than a vice, a couple of wrenches and a set of feeler gauges are required.

Best of luck.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login