Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 430 loader attachment puzzler

View my Photos
AnnBrush
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-17          133416

Got my new (old) loader yesterday - did some serious red neck work to get it off the truck (hiked it up into a tree), anyway it works great. A clip of some sort about the size of a CD case but 2 inches thick and gold in color was included in the box of goodies (loader frames bolts, hood guard etc) that came with it. The clip has two similar plates joined by a short cross member. A pin with a retainer clip goes through the plates. There are two holes drilled through the edge of the clip such that the circumfrence of the hole is interupted by the edge of the clip. The manual makes no reference to it at all and I scoured it from beginning to end. Any idea what it is used for or where it goes?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-17          133417

About the only thing I can think of being about the size of a CD and steel plate would be a mount for the loader control valve.

Why it would be de-tatchable I can only guess at.

Maybe a picture would help us figure it out.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-08-17          133418

It is a clamp to keep the locking plate from springing loose under a load.

I am working on a picture for you right now. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-08-17          133420

OK..... Pic # 20

It mounts to a steel eye.... mine is painted black.... using the top (large)set of holes and a pin.

The lower (smaller) pin locks the jaw in place.

I can shoot more pics if this is not quite clear.

Mark ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2006-08-17          133421

OK great, your first post clued me in to where it was in general and with that I looked it up on the JD parts website, I have included a pic of their schematic (pic 4) but it gave no details on the orientation or actual placement, your photo does - great, thanks. From your description it looks like I am also missing a pin as I only have one. Thanks very much Mark ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-08-17          133422

My pleasure. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login