Go Bottom Go Bottom

NO TILT

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-16          122848

One of the limitations of a FEL.
Can't be tilted up or down on one side / end like a front dirt blade.
A rear blade has this same short coming.
Anyone have a solution to overcome this problem?
I need to slope the dirt away from the foundation walls of 2 buildings.
I need to drive the tractor along side of the walls not out away from them because of ditches being to close to the walls.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NO TILT

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-16          122849

On a rear blade you can manually adjust the one arm of the 3 point to get a tilt. If you want to use the bucket of your FEL you can attach an edge that sticks out further on the left side than the right side. When you tilt the bucket down to back drag, the left side will then go deeper. That way you can drive up to a 90 degree corner and back drag a natural slope. Works best if soil is softer. ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-01-16          122850

IBrown59; Do you need to add soil next to the building or remove soil next to the ditch? ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-16          122852

I have a rear blade which adjusts up or down on either side. You have to keep a wrench handy and jump off the tractor to make adjustments. I also found that you have to be very careful when you try to dig too much with one end. Your tractor can quickly become very unstable. ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-01-17          122906

Do you need to add soil next to the building or remove soil next to the ditch?
hardwood

REMOVE soil next to the ditch ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
Art White

2006-01-17          122923

The larger three point hitch blades do offer an offst in the blade to the frame. The simplist is bolted on in different holes. and the most advanced is hydraulic. I don't know of any offering that in that size which sounds like its study time at work tommorrow. ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-01-18          122930

I've did such a thing but with a box blade. I lowered the teeth on one end a bit more than the other plus tilted the 3pt. hitch toward the downill side. after a few passes I got the slope I wanted. So perhaps you might rent or borrow a boxblade for the job. After the slope is established then a loader will work fine, Loading one end of a bucket can be hard on loader frames not to mention the safety issue from a roll over. However you get the job done be extra careful working along the edge of a ditch, things can happen quickly. Frank ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
Murf

2006-01-18          122937

I've done it with the FEL, it's pretty complicated too.

Over-inflate one rear tire and lower the air pressure in the other one.

The lower pressure side of the FEL bucket will sit lower. ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-18          122950

That's our Murf. What a mind.

Speaking of Murf things..... what is the best way to split a pipe for the Murf snow pusher? I can think of some possibilities, but nothing that will end up looking very straight.

Maybe I am being too German here...... ....

NO TILT

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-01-18          122951

Over-inflate one rear tire and lower the air pressure in the other one.
-------------------
Or put bigger or smaller wheels on one side than the other side.

NO TILT

View my Photos
Murf

2006-01-18          122953

Mark, the best way I've found is a cutting, or narrow grinding blade in a 4" angle grinder. Just go back
& forth across the length of the line, if you try to cut all the way through it will grab the edge and be a PITA to mainain a steady cut, when it gets to paper thin it will be very easy to remove the remainder. Be sure to make a chalk line or scribe a line with a marker to follow so it ends up straight.

lb59, you could do that too, but $500 for a rim and tire is a little more money than adjusting tire pressure, but to each their own.

Best of luck. ....

NO TILT

View my Photos

2006-01-18          122968

Ibrown59
Not sure how far you want to get into this or how much work you have to do, but I would bet a 3/8 inch piece of 'strap metal'(strong stuff), the length of your bucket. Get on as wide as you need for the proper grade you need. Then you would need to have someone(or do it yourself) - cut it to the proper grade you want. Lastly, you would need to bolt it to you FEL with several strong bolts. I have done things similar, but not what you are talking about.
If it saves the back and time, those holes in the bucket wont cause a problem and it is cheap to do. You could make several for several different grades and line up the holes so you could interchange them.
Just a thought.
doc ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login