Go Bottom Go Bottom

NH Loader and Ballast

View my Photos
spartan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-12          109764

I am buying a NH TC35DA with a 16LA loader, industrial tires. I plan to do loader work with it and mow as well. Some dealers told me to use a weight box and put bricks in it, others said load the tires with beet juice, it will not cause a problem mowing. It seem loaded tires would be better as to not tie up the 3pt. hitch with a weight box. Any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NH Loader and Ballast

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-12          109768

If you're going to be mowing turf I don't think you want loaded tires. The lighter the better in that case. ....

NH Loader and Ballast

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-12          109769

Sit down and have a good read with your owners manual.

In the case of a Deere tractor that size, the manufacturer thinks you would need a ballast box AND loaded tires.

I have a tendency to think the factory engineers might just know more than the local dealer and give due consideration to the recommendations in the OM.

Safer to err on the side of caution.... ....

NH Loader and Ballast

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-04-13          109776

I always use my rear blade or box blade for rear ballast. If more is needed, I prefer wheel weights. I would only suggest using loaded tires if you were doing loader work close to 100% or if you have a BH that is frequently used.

It would be up to you to decide if the wheel weights stay on or off when mowing. If you are looking for a nice lawn, with little damage, the weights should probably be removed. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login