Go Bottom Go Bottom

Land Pride QuickHitch question

View my Photos
dletizia
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-04          168977

Has anyone had any experience with the "Land Pride QuickHitch" I wish to purchase one to use with (hopefully) ALL 3 of these items: (feasible)????
1.Land Pride RTR05 Rototiller.
2.Woods BrushBull BB42 Brushhog
3.Woods RDC54 Finishing Mower.
Using a Kubota BX 2360 tractor
Thank you in advance for any input.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-04          168979

My advice would be to see if you can try before you buy. If it doesn't fit your implements and you need to modify something you can then decide whether it's worth the trouble.

Sometimes these hitches don't fit in surprising ways. I had a 3-point set of pallet forks that would have fit given the measurements but the top hitch hook would not fit under the top pin of the forks. Dimensions were fine but there wasn't quite enough vertical clearance. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-04          168980

These quick-hitches are designed to let you attach/detach from the seat. But your implements all happen to need a PTO connect/disconnect, so you'd have to get down anyway. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-05          168990

I have a Land Pride quick hitch for my Deere 4310. The top hook is adjustable up or down to fit different implements.

Deere did advertise they had a quick hitch that automaticly couples the PTO along with hitching up the three point. I've never saw one so I can't comment about them.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2010-03-05          168993

Frank, in the case of the pallet forks an adjustable top hook wouldn't have helped. On the forks the space between the pin and a welded horizontal support brace was only about 3" and the QH top hook was 5-6" tall. No way to fit a 6" tall hook in a 3" tall space. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-05          168994

KW;
OK, I understand what you mean,I had forgotten about that situation. I had a three point mounted sprayer once with the situation you describe I had room if I pulled the top pin out of the mast of the machine then let the lower hooks of the quick couple do their thing then put the pin back in the top of the mast when it lined up. Yes it sorta defeats the concept of the quick hitch but at least the lower pins snapped in and helped line up the top mast pin. I stripped the three point frame off the sprayer and now slide it in the box of the Gator with a 12 volt pump, with about an eight foot home made foldable boom. I've sure ruined the lives of about a zillion dandelions in the yard and use it for spot spraying around fencerows. ....

View my Photos
ajp2927

2010-03-12          169159

don't know about quick hitch....but how do like that land pride tiller and how much did it set you back ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-13          169168

The Land Pride tiller has did fine, no problems yet, but probably hasn't did five acres total in it's lifetime.
I don't really remember what it cost for sure, but in the 12-1400 neighborhood I think, that was a few years ago too, so likley would be more now just like everything else.
If my memory is correct I think mine is a 1558, and it is a forward rotation. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login