Go Bottom Go Bottom

yanmar 3 cyl desiel wont start

View my Photos
brian diger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-28          87111

i have a takeauchi 1.5 ton digger with a yanmar 3 cyc 3n engine i have tried everything to start the thing i am being polite

fuel glow plugs ect has any body got any ideas compresion seems ok there is a lot of pressure from the rocker cver vent /
dont know if this is normal

help

brian the digger spain

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-28          87112

Hola Brian, depending on how the controls to the engine are arranged on your machine the engine is stopped by either an electric solenoid or a cable-pull. Both of these methods stop the engine by dumping the fuel back to the tank instead of into the engine for ignition.

If the engine is cranking over fine, developing compression and getting fuel but not starting, check this shut off.

You mention a lot of pressure from the crankcase via the rocker cover, on an older machine this will happen from blow-by, but it should not be very substantial.

Try starting it by putting a small amount of fuel into the intake, WD-40 works well. If it tries to start on this then you know the problem is fuel-related at least.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-05-29          87154

The Yanmar engines used on compact tractors are direct injection engines and have manifold heaters rather than glow plugs. Some of the systems ignite fuel dribbled into the intake manifold and at least one of these has a plastic jug for the fuel that has to be topped up manually.

I'd verify that it's getting fuel as Murf mentioned and also that the intake manifold isn't obstructed. or in need of a new air filter and I would verify that the pre-heating system is working. Even if the pre-heater is working, it won't start easily if the starter doesn't spin the engine fast enough or the compression is low as Murf mentioned. I'd check battery/cables and starter. A compression test might be good. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-29          87210

What is the latest with your Yanmar Brian? ....

View my Photos
BFlude

2004-05-31          87319

thanks Murf my beast has a soleniod stop tis woks ok electrically am about to diss slider mech to have a look

View my Photos
BFlude

2004-06-01          87438

THANKS TO YOU ALL I HAD BEEN HOPING THAT IT WAS NOT TERMINAL

ENGINE IS NOW ABOUT TO BE TAKEN OUT AN THRASHED

ON FURTHER INVESTIGATION 6 CRANKS OF THE STARTER WITH THE BREATHER BLOCKED BLOWS OUT THE DIP STICK

HAVE TRIED WD 40 ETHER SOME 12 YEAR OLD SCOTCH I DRUNK THIS RATHER THAN USED IT TO START THE DAM THING

LOOKS LIKE I AM IN FOR A STRIP DOWN RINGS OR HEAD GASKET OR SOME OTHER FOUL THING

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-06-02          87594

It's the rings. Yanmar makes a 1/4 mm and 1/2 mm overize
pistons. Expect them to be 67-88/ea, incl rings. I am
doing my 3rd 3TN84 rebuild now.

Good luck. ....

View my Photos
BFlude

2004-06-06          87852

THE ENGINE HAS 4027 HOURS BUT I THINK YOU ARE CORRECT SEEMS LIKE THAT
HAVE REMOVE ENGINE AND MECHNICO WILL WILL STRIP AT THE WORKSHOP MAY BE THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME THIS IS SPAIN

BIGGEST PROBLEM WHY DO THEY ALWAYS STOP IN THE MOST DIFFICULT POSITION

I WAS DIGGING AN AREA FOR A SWIMMING POOL HAD TO HUMP THE ENGINE OUT BY GRUNT AND SWEAR WORD AND THEN CARRY 120 M TO A VAN IUN A WHEEL BARROW

I AM STILL SMILEING BUT AM TAKEING NO WATER WITH MY WHISKY AT THE MOMENT THAT ONLY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO WATER AT HE PRESENT

BY THE WAY HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE USED DEEPROCK HYDRODRILL 1/2 MAN WELL DRILLING RIG FROM THE STATES I AM THINKING OF GETTING A RIG TO WATER DOWN THE WHISKY

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

BRIAN THE DIGGER SPAIN

BY THE WAY IT 30 DEGS C HERE TO DAY

View my Photos
BFlude

2004-07-08          90355

WE HAVE HAD A STRIP DOWN AND REBUILD NEW RINGS PISTONS ECT REBORE

IT NOW AS SWEET AS A NUT

THE BILL WAS NOT SO SWEET THE PISTONS AND RING SET 247 EUROS EACH A TIMES 3
GASKET SET 147 EUROS
300 EUROS FOR THE REBORE

AND 1000 EUROS LABOUR

HAVE I BEEN RIPED OFF OR AM I OUT OF TOUCH IN THE UK I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A NEW ENGINE NEARLY

THE BEST BIT IS THAT THE TOTAL BILL IS 2660 EUROS I DID A LOT OF THE REMOVE AND REFIT AND THE WANT SALES TAX AS WELL BUT WOULD PREFER CASH

ARE ALL ENGLISH LIVING IN SPAIN STUPID OR JUST TO RICH
I DID NOT THINK I WAS ANY OF THESE

BUT IT SEEMS I AM

AWAITNG SOME FORM OF SUPPORT OR DONATIONS

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-07-08          90368

Ouch!

If you have the Yanmar 3TN84 engine (84mm bore), you should have been able to get pistons with rings for less $100 EACH.
Sure you don't mean 247 Euro for the 3? I paid about $75 each for the 1/2 mm oversize straight from the John Deere dealer (my tractors use the Yanmar 3TN84 engine).

Gasket sets are expensive, but I find you only need a few of the things in it, esp the head gasket ($30). Yanmar uses a lot of RTV silicone instead of gaskets.

Finally, if it is any consolation, a new engine is prob not available anymore from the manufacturer. I found some at a JD dealer a year ago, and they were $5400 each for the long block. Forget it. On that basis, you did not do too bad.

View my Photos
2 yanmar 3tn84 engi

2005-10-15          117906

I have 2 yanmar 3tn84 engines that were pulled from John deere tractors that were wrecked in a delivery accident. Thge engines are BRAND NEW!!! I have no use for them but I need to sell them asap. Pictures available upon request.
Please feel free to contact me at 843-687 3461 Lake city south carolina. They're complete from pan to valve cover, water pump to flywheel.

View my Photos
badluc1

2005-10-26          118463

For gods sakes man dont kill 12 yr old scotch on a diesel! thats sacrilage.lol My grandmother would come unglued on yuo if she heard this.Shes from the old county,lol. Im a big diesel and scotch man myself. 12 yr old single highland malts are all me.(the two dont mix well in a glass I might add.?
I dont know if its any interest to you but I have on hand 2 BRAND NEW NEVER RUN yanmar 3tn84 3 cyl diesels. 28-33 hp depends whop you ask, I firmly belive based on my findings these are 33. Thevye been pulled from rolled over John deere tractors. They were in transport from dealer to dealer and the truck rolled. These were salvaged. Have pictures and there complets long blocks, one needs a valve cover and that it. Otherwise these are cherry, new yannnis. (a rare find indeed) Complete oil pan to exhaust, water pump to flywheel. Fuel pump injectors the whole 9 yards. Im need to get these off my shop floor. accepting bids. If you want picts email me on yahoo at badluc1. Why deal with a rebuild when you can have a brand new one for likely the same price, if not less. ....

View my Photos
badluc1

2005-10-26          118464

Heres your support there big time: Glen Moray 12 yr old Single malt. Its wonderful scotch. Or if finance is tight ask your salesman to get you 40 creek canadien 3 grain select out of canada. Its the smoothest , most lovely tasting candien whisky Ive EVER enjoyed. Id spit Crown Royal reserve on the floor for this stuff. Its a sleeper in the stores but a wonderful amber color, no burn no bite, yet finishes nicely. ANd A hell of a lot cheaper than crown. Multi award winner recently. Ive got half of my fire department hooked...enjoy ....

View my Photos
nexus7

2007-08-07          144401

hey dfkrug,
I have a JD755 rebuild issue on my hands. sounds like you've rebuilt this size diesel 3cyl (ring job) can you send me a quick email so I can ask you a few question about it? my e.mail is Ben at easyaccess1 dot com.

thanks
Ben

View my Photos
jegssr

2008-07-13          155263

My 1510D has the same problem. It came on gradually. I was having to use the preheat even during hot weather. When running, it ran strong. Then one day it wouldn't start no matter what. It's getting fuel, turning over fast enough, preheater is working. I sprayed WD 40 in the intake and not a hint of combustion. ....

View my Photos
TOMCROUZ

2011-06-28          179201

hi, i'm french and i see your message about the 3TN84 motor.
I have a JD955 with a motor Yanmar 3TN84 brocked.
Please, have you a documentation for this motor ?
If you have allways this motor for sale how many ?

Sorry, for my english. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-06-28          179202

Que veut dire "brocked"? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login