Go Bottom Go Bottom

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
hawkeyecp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-09          85615

I have a jd 1050 and it is missing. I have switched injectors to eliminate them as the problem. I have also bled the line to the dead cylinder. My next guess is the pump is bad. Can one cylinders injector pump go bad. Can I rebuild it myself? It is pumping fuel yet I don’t think it is at a high enough psi to fire the injector. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The 1050s have the yanmar engine

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-09          85617

Have you checked the compression in the troublesome cylinder? Hope that's not the problem, but.... ....

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-10          85646

If you have already tried moving a suspected injector and the miss did not move with it; you may have one of 3 things in my opinion. A cracked injector line, a bad pump, or bad cylinder compression in that cylinder. ....

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
hawkeyecp

2004-05-10          85702

Thanks for the replies. I was working on it today going through ya'lls ideas and found that on that model injector pump there is some type of screw in fitting those screws into the pump and then the injector line screws into that. Some how the fitting that goes into the pump was lose. Took off the line tightened the fitting and put he line back on and it runs like a top. I think the small piston that compresses the fuel rides in the fitting that was loose and was losing pressure in the pump. Thanks again for the help. ....

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-10          85703

I love it when it's a simple fix. Good job! ....

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
TomG

2004-05-11          85739

Sounds like a delivery valve just to put a name to it. They act as a check valve and also produce a rapid pressure drop at the end on injection so the injector snaps shut rather than dribbling fuel into the cylinder. I'm guessing that a loose one would reduce the spring tension on a plunger. Good was found without much pain. ....

jd 1050 missing

View my Photos
jeff r

2004-05-13          85971

I think if I had a tractor that was missing, I would call the tractor police and see if the could get it on the Hot sheet. A missing tractor is NOT fun especially if you are still paying on it. A missing mother-in-law is much better than a missing tractor I would think. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login