Go Bottom Go Bottom

Engine Oil and Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
greenhornet
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-14          68723

I bought a Ford 1910 with a zero hour engine. I'm coming up to 50 hours. The OM calls for Ford 121 for oil and Ford 134 for Transmission, Rear Axle, Power Steering, and Hydraulic System oil. The OM gives a chart for engine oil and temp ranges, but I don't know what Ford 134 relates to. Sams Club has R&O 20wt (AW46) and Heavy Duty Universal Tractor Hydraulic & transmission Oil 10w20. How do these relate to Ford 134? The OM doesn't list filter #s. What oil, air, hydraulic, fuel filters does it use? I know I can ask the New Holland dealer, but it is a long distance call and I suspect I will get Ford biased answers.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-14          68785

I'd certainly talk to the dealer about this. What's wrong with Ford biased answers? There's another recent thread about a NH tractor developing a bad case of hydrostatic transmission whine after changing to non-Ford fluids. On an expensive piece of equipment why risk it? Filters are not filters - there are some real good filters out their (Fleetguard has a good rep for example) but there are some crappy brands too. Anyway, my 2 cents, YMMV. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-14          68792

I'd actually try and find out what has been used as a lubricant in every area if you could. The only time I recommend low grade lubricants is when water,moisture of any kind and dirt or any types of contaminaion in a short period of operation. Then drain in change filters and fluids again. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-15          68813

I think quite a few box stores sell hydraulic oil that states is equivalent to 134D, which is kind of a standard. I think it's 10-weight but I'm not certain. Most product that is sold as universal hydraulic-transmission oil is similar to 134D. I use NH F200 myself in my 1710, which is a multi-season version of 134D and recommended by my dealer (it gets cold here). I used an AGCO multi-season oil for three years without incident simply because the NH dealer is quite far and I was going by the AGCO dealer when I was thinking about oil. It's not too hard to find oil that claims to be equivalent to 134D and that's what I'd use but I wouldn't go cheap on it either. I'm back to running F200 because I was going past the NH dealer when I was thinking about oil. ....

View my Photos
greenhornet

2003-11-15          68851

Thanks for the input. It's back to the dealer I go. I'll be going by there in a couple of weeks and I may still not have a full fifty hours on it by then. I really like this little tractor and it is allowing me to do some real work around here. Yesterday I reclaimed a circle drive that is dear to the lady of the house. By doing it myself I saved $45.00 an hour and had a lot of fun. Thanks ....

View my Photos
greenhornet

2003-11-15          68852

Thanks for the input. It's back to the dealer I go. I'll be going by there in a couple of weeks and I may still not have a full fifty hours on it by then. I really like this little tractor and it is allowing me to do some real work around here. Yesterday I reclaimed a circle drive that is dear to the lady of the house. By doing it myself I saved $45.00 an hour and had a lot of fun. Thanks ....

View my Photos
greenhornet

2003-11-15          68853

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing to get double posts? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-15          68855

Tom, the 134 is closer to a 20 weight oil. ....

View my Photos
blizzard

2003-11-15          68857

greenhornet,
No 'double post' on your last message.. Were you 'double-clicking' ?
bliz ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-16          68884

Thanks Art! I guess I buy oil for the application and never thought about the weight. My F200 probably is close to 10W-20. ....

View my Photos
greenhornet

2003-11-17          68941

I may have been. I've been having Mouse troubles--sticky buttons etc. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login