Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC26DA Ignition Switch Issues

View my Photos
gsmitty55
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-03-12          196376

I have a 2007 NH TC26DA with about 700+ hours on it. Was using to clear trees the other day and it wouldn't restart after I shut it off. I had started it multiple times prior. When I turn the key none of the gauges glow plug indicator lights etc. work. Checked all fuses and none are blown and battery voltage is normal. Has anyone had a similar issue that could aid me in resolving this problem?

Thanks,
Gene D. Smith

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-20          196537

Are all the safety switches OK, sometimes just having one the levers off can cause this. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-21          196543

"Was using to clear trees the other day......"

Get underneath the tractor. A branch has likely caught a switch or wire somewhere and messed with a safety switch.

Brush work is textbook 101 for exactly the problem you are now seeing.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
chashm

2017-04-21          196544

This could be as simple as a bad battery connection - or a battery that's suddenly failed. Diesels will run without any electrical power, the only thing needing juice being keeping the shutoff solenoid energized.

View my Photos
bloggins

2017-04-21          196545

I don't think the interlocks are the problem as you should still have power to the gauges, just no starter function with an interlock open. Do your 4-way flashers work without the key in the ignition (they are hard wired to the hazard switch, bypassing the ignition switch)? Even a battery with low voltage will give you some lighting and gauge power.

Check that the battery connections are clean at the terminal and at the ends of the cables. Check that all grounds are good (clean).

Check for voltage at the feed-in side of your fuse block. That your fuses are good.

And as Murph mentioned, check underneath for pulled harnesses/plugs.

Good luck. ....

View my Photos
gsmitty55

2017-04-24          196568

Found my problem a couple of weeks ago. Had power at the positive terminal of the battery but none at the other end of then positive cable. Removed the cable cleaned both ends works good for now. The cable looks like there is some corrosion internally so I'll probably be changing it in the future.
Thanks all for the input. It was greatly appreciated. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login