Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 7 Backhoe removal

View my Photos
pitpawten
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-30          182941

Hey team, I recently purchased a low hours 955 that came with a loader and 7 Backhoe. The hoe has some leaks so I want to remove it until I can get back to working on it and use the tractor in the meantime.

I don't have the manual though and am uncertain in what order to remove it. I'm sure i can /drop/ it :), but I'd like to take it off in a way that allows me to put it back on easily.

Anyone have any ideas so I can remove it before my manual gets here?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 7 Backhoe removal

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-09          183081

I don't know the Deere line but on two others I've worked with, you just set it down (bucket full curl, boom and dipper slightly extended for stability), disconnect mounting points and hyd connections, and it stays in place. If you're going to service it on the ground, brace it. ....

JD 7 Backhoe removal

View my Photos
pitpawten
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-04-09          183085

Thanks for the heads up, it turned out to be pretty straight forward. Just took a little thinking about the proper order so that I could back over it when it comes time to re-connect it.

For reference sake (couldn't find anything when I searched before):

1. Lower the stabilizers so that they are just barely taking some weight.
2. Lower the arm to the ground until is pivots the backhoe slightly towards the tractor (along the stabilizer axis) and and puts some slack on the upper connection link that connects to the tractor just beneath the seat, and remove the pin.
3. Lower the arm on the backhoe a little more until the sub-frame is loose enough that you can remove the pins that secure the sub-frame to the tractor (just under the footrest).
4. With the hydraulic lines still connected, drive forward until the pin on the hoe comes out of the u-joint (for lack of a better term) on the tractor (may need to dig in the bucket or wiggle the arm to cause it to drop out).
5. Disconnect the hydraulic hoses, and drive off fully.
6. Lower the stabilizers so that the main body of the hoe is down on a block or something and lower the arm so that the sub-frame is off the ground.

I'm sure this is too much typing for something that you can just figure out anyway, but thought I'd type it up :) ....

JD 7 Backhoe removal

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-10          183089

You never know what will benefit another so the details are good. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login