Go Bottom Go Bottom

Things you should have in your toolbox

View my Photos
chuckles
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-05-15          199165

I have done electrical work around the house my whole life, including doing all the wiring for a home addition.

It is only in the last year that I picked up two must have cheap tools.

1) Non Contact Voltage Tester

2) Electric Outlet Tester

These are so handy to have. Now I only have to remember where I put them when I need them !

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
chuckles
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-05-15          199166

Must have electric testers ....

Picture Link
Shop Tools Things you should have in your toolbox

View my Photos
tipoblanco
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-05-17          199186

yep,i have both,my no contact senses 24v also since im in hvac and even knowing i pulled disconnects,tripped breakers etc,i always check twice to make sure,to many times i have seen disconnects wired hot because they didnt have the time,money,knowledge...to do it correctly and the receptacle tester you dont need it until you need it ....

View my Photos
jobone

2020-05-18          199202

Expanding to Handy things to have in your pocket. I bought this Kerskaw pocket knife at least 30 years ago. 2.25 inch locking blade with rubber handle. For its size you do not notice it your pocket. Nice to have with you . ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
Skyler

2020-07-12          199461

Things you should not have in your toolbox

When you have lots of stuff the problem is you cannot find it when you need it.

One of my neighbors took this to such and extreme that even if he only had a couple of washers leftover from a project he would take them back to Home Depot. That way he would not have to search for them as he knew he had Zero of them in inventory !!

I have to say I just never take leftovers back and man do they collect dust in the garage.

In an attempt to get more organized and be able to find it when I need it I bought a 4 Craftsman storage boxes from Lowes. The two main boxes are SQUEEZERS anything that works like a pliers, and the other Is POINTERS chisels, screw drivers etc..

Everything is just tossed in the box based on this division, hard to believe how many of each I have. But at least I have a shot at finding what I need, beats my old NON method of just tossing into one box, or hanging on wall was hopeless

View my Photos
gravely

2021-01-16          199930

This fall I did some outside painting and found that the best thing to use was my Painters Tool. The edge was duller than a putty knife so it could loosen flaking paint without gouging. It was just the go to tool, the only thing I used for the entire job. A must have tool. ....

Picture Link

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login