Go Bottom Go Bottom

Heart Attack

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-09-03          184809

Guess I owe an apology to members been busy with my stuff and not checking in or posting much.

12/12/2011 at work thought had chest cold. Chest real tight. Then cold sweat arms tingle call 911. trip to St Joes in Syracuse first time ever in "Meat Wagon" with sirens and speed.

5 stents later, 96mm worth (about 4" for the metric challenged) good ass chewing by dr because I told him I was going right back to work...

Started Cardiac threapy 1/13/12 all hooked up. Found my limits and set goals. started at gym 1/31/11. Exercise 6 days a week, chanded diet, limit portions, shed 70+ pounds by 5/25/12.

I am running now can run 3.5-4 miles at 10.5 minute miles. Not bad for an old fat man. I am at 175# ride bike 15-25 miles a couple 3 times a week, walk 6-8 miles a week and run 4-8 miles a week.

Dr not even give stress test, show him Heart Rates from runs, 162 beats and right back do to 80 in a few minutes. 42 at rest. Have to work really hard now to get above 150.

Haven't weighed tis since I was 23.

I try and do better checking in.

Harvey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Heart Attack

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-09-03          184811

Glad you're still here to get your back-side chewed!!

Now, you dumb-a**, don't be so stupid (like I was a few years back and at a bunch of years younger than you) you grease your machinery and look after it don'cha? Why not the one you rattle around this ole earth in?

Kiss your missus, tell her ya' love her and apologize fer' being silly!!

Smile, you have friends you never met who care you're still around.

Best of luck. ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-09-04          184816

Harvey;

We always think it will be the other guy that has the heart attack, I haven't, yet.
I surely commend you on your ability to stick to it and loose the weight, I try and fail, try and fail, etc., etc.

Frank. ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-09-04          184817

Harvey,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. It is amazing how the weight can add up slowly, so much that we think that our overweight condition must be normal! I often told myself I was big boned as a justification for my weight.

I have been on a high protein salad diet since February, lost 21 pounds and now weight 176, bicycle several times a week. Trying to get back to College weight of 165. As it gets colder I will have to find something else to keep in shape.

Keep up the good work !!!

Heart Attack

View my Photos
harvey

2012-09-04          184822

Thanks guys. Ive come off 5 meds completely and the last 2 were reduced to 10 mg each from 40 & 20. The stent med is new but expected. Keeping the weight off will be the hard part between gym and bike muscles are gaining not any fat left to burn at 7.1% fat. So well see how that battle will go ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
Art White

2012-09-05          184839

Harvey, sorry to hear of your problems! Glad to hear of a good recovery! I didn't think that you looked that over weight the last time I saw you! Maybe I'd better tone down the jokes. ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
harvey

2012-09-05          184847

Art I carried the weight very well, I thought. The before and after pictures say different. Lot of friends that had not seen me in that time can not believe the difference. Lean now.

Amazing how much better the HD pulls hills 75# lighter.

Your e-mail is very much appreciated and always welcome. I have tried several times to send you stuff but something in one of our providers prevents my mail goin thru.

I will try to get up your way some sunny afternoon B4 snow. ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
Art White

2012-09-06          184852

Look forward to seeing you again and it's been great weather for the HD's this year no doubt! ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-09-06          184858

Harvey glad you have done so well also. Need to use your experience to get my weight off. Not big boned, big stomached. Look like a bull dozer operator.

I have out lived my own Dad who dropped dead of a heart attach about a 1 1/2 younger than I am.

Pray you have a great recovery. KT ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
skipll

2012-09-18          184943

Hope you are still doing well Harvey----WOW--5 stents---It's gotta be hard to loose weight.
I am trying to gain weight----lost some after my developed heart condition.
YUP---good weather for the HD's ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
harvey

2012-09-20          184960

Skip losing the weight was easy with the right motivation. Keeping the weight off is the challenge now.

Lots of exercise so have to eat more to burn more exercising and have to burn more because I eat more this is a dog chasing its tail thing.

Trying to come up with the right balance of calories and exercise.

Toughest part is the weights at the gym losing fat and replacing with lean causes a weight gain so am trying to keep everything leaned down to stay at 170-175. 7.3% body fat now.

Currently I'm back up to 177 bicycle not helping size at all so will cut back some carbs and burn a little meat. ....

Heart Attack

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2020-07-23          199517

Hi Harvey,

it has been a long time since this was posted. You were doing great, biking some major distances. Getting in shape losing weight.

I bike just about every day, but just 15 miles on a rail to trails bike path. I have gotten lazy and drive to the trail vs biking to the trail and doing more climbing :-) But I still work pretty hard by putting in the effort through speed.

I was wondering if you are still riding.

I used to be able to climb most anything, but I am not sure whether it is my fear of blowing it via too much or lack of an improvement program that would get me where I would like to be. Or maybe just be happy with status quo ?

Let me know how you are doing.

Dennis ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login