Go Bottom Go Bottom

LS Tractors

View my Photos
mlucius
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-20          180464

I'm shopping for a new tractor and am considering an LS model R4041. Has anyone had any experience with this brand?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

LS Tractors

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-10-10          180764

I hadn't heard of them. If there's a Kioti dealer around, you might compare it with their equivalent. ....

LS Tractors

View my Photos
skidder

2011-11-06          181109

I have a R4047 31 hrs nice tractor. I trying to find filter for it.

John

LS Tractors

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-07          181110

Korean, formerly called Long I believe. Same blue paint too. So it's probably just a name change (Long -> LS) after some kind of corporate restructuring.

//greg// ....

LS Tractors

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-11-08          181125

This is too far back in memory at this moment but think Long was built in eastern Europe. But something happened if memory is correct to Long and they then were Farmtrac which were built in India again best memory is. It got confusing for then they went belly up for the people who owned them in the US took their money and ran home where I was told by a dealer bankruptcy laws could not touch them. Then Montana was suppose to have bought them and was standing behind warranty and such but it seems that fell through and recently read Montana went bankrupt but on that not sure is correct. Do know the old Long, old Farmtrac dealerships seem to have none of such stock. ....

LS Tractors

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-11-09          181134

Yeah, but the root ownership of Long/FarmTrac was Korean (LG). Like it or hate it, we're living in a global economy. My recollection is that their compacts were made in Korea, the utilities in Romania or some such place. Not sure if Mahindra got involved later or not. I think they're more in bed with the Chinese than with the Koreans.

Anyway, LS is in fact Korean. But in which country are they actually manufactured? Digging that out may take more investigation than the question's worth.

//greg// ....

LS Tractors

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-11-09          181139

Greg, I have friends who had Long and then Farmtrac dealership. It is my understanding from them over the years that the Longs were built in Eastern Europe and thought the Farmtrac in India and was told they were using old Ford Tractor specs, not saying some of them were not Korean. Know at one time there was the Blue and then the Purple models. The name on the label might have been different. I really believe am correct on Long being Eastern European but might be off on Farmtrac. The Mahrandia think is based in India but believe they are not all made there and they may have LS or someone building some of theirs. Think same dealer told me at least one model Mahrandia was a LS and about $10,000 less as an LS.

It is a changing market place.

LS Tractors

View my Photos
markhoun

2014-10-28          191297

I have the LS 3039 and love it. It has to go back into the shop to get the sincro redone, but this is all under warranty. Love the tractor, good horse power and great lifting capabilities. ....

LS Tractors

View my Photos
markhoun

2014-10-28          191298

They are painted blue, because LS builds the New Holland compact tractors. They have a factory in the Carolina's and when they come off the assembly line they are painted blue and it depends on where they are going, to New Holland or LS. If the are going to LS they are about $3000.00 cheaper than the New Hollands. I have a LS 3039 it is the same tractor as the New Holland 35. Mine has the 4 cylinder Mitsubishi LS 4 diesel engine. ....

LS Tractors

View my Photos
markhoun

2014-10-28          191299

LS is built in the United States. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login