Go Bottom Go Bottom

Landini 4140

View my Photos
willtell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-23          168188

I am thinking of buying a new Landini 4140 4wd diesel
with a loader. The price is $23,000(Canadian)
Anyone with experience with this make and model.What
about price. Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Landini 4140

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-25          168220

Don't know, but since nobody responded, I'll blather a bit.

1. I was once stopped on a road outside Milan by a tractor procession. I asked my companion what was going on. "We think Italian farmers are always demonstrating because they like to show off how stylish their Landinis are."

2. My first tractor was an Electrak. Soon after I bought it, GE stopped selling or supporting them. My second was a Yanmar. Soon after I bought it, Yanmar pulled out of Canada. That's why I wonder how to tell if a company is here to stay or not.

3. For a last bit of miscellany, when I Googled "landini," before I got the final letter in, it asked if I wanted "landing-strip pubic hair style." Oh my.

Landini 4140

View my Photos
willtell

2010-01-25          168221

Thanks Auerbach, I guess I should look at
some other make. Landini looks good though, but
dealer has only been in this area for 2 years.
Thank you ....

Landini 4140

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-26          168242

I wouldn't worry so much about the dealer folding because even if Landini doesn't replace it, there's two others in NS. I was suggesting asking for some statement or evidence from Landini to show they're committed to a Canadian presence for the long haul.

(I just bought a Grasshopper, so if they pull out, we'll know it's my fault.) ....

Landini 4140

View my Photos
willtell

2010-01-26          168244

Thank you, I will see how good a deal I can make.
I really like the looks of the Landini 4140.
You are absolutely right, there are at least two
more dealers in N.S.

Landini 4140

View my Photos
Murf

2010-01-27          168256

If it's of any comfort, the Landini Canada head office is just a few minutes from me here.

They have been around here for many years and the same people import more than just Landini's. About 10 years ago the 'factory' made a deal with the then importer to change the relationship from "importer" to "branch office". They view Canada as an important market for a lot of their specialty equipment, especially the 'muck-land' and vineyard/orchard stuff.

If you go to the Landini Canada website you will see the same company also manufactures a bunch of other equipment that is also sold all over Canada, including McCormick tractors.

Best of luck. ....

Landini 4140

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-01-27          168271

Auerbach, about 25 or 27 years back had a supervisor who in telling his employment histroy said ever company I have worked for has gone out of business.So did that one and the next two he worked for. The one I worked for was at that time the largest in the world in their industry.

Can still tell you the guy's name Steve Han... Just in case there is another.

He was one of the smartest book wise people I have ever met to have no common sense, or if so keep it safe.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login