Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cenex Lawn Tractor Parts

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-20          148490

Dear friends,

I'm wondering if anyone knows which manufacturer made the Cenex line of lawn and garden tractors.

Long story short.....my former boss asked me to do some landscaping for him. When the job was completed, he asked me to repair his garden tractor. Yippee!

His Cenex lawn tractor is an 18hp Hydrostatic with a hydraulic lift for the mower deck. It also has a simple 3-point hitch system, category 0.

My daughter is home for Thanksgiving, so she's going to take a few pictures for me this afternoon.

I'm looking for mower deck parts. One spindle assembly is completely worn out, and the blade is wobbling terribly. Overall, I'm very impressed with this little Cenex tractor. It's constructed extremely well, and runs like a top.

Any help with where to look for parts diagrams and part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Joel

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cenex Lawn Tractor Parts

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-21          148571

Not that I've heard of everything, but I've not heard of Cenex mowers. There is a company of that name that does fuels and lubricants, so I wonder if they provided their decal or label (like "Shell" or "Texaco") to put on a yard machine. ....

Cenex Lawn Tractor Parts

View my Photos
Murf

2007-11-21          148575

Cenex is a private labeled MTD product.

Generally speaking, if you committed to sell (or buy) a minimum number of units they would produce "Cando" brand tractors for you.

There are a long line of distributors who will sell you parts over the 'net and ship (usually by UPS for very little money) the parts to your door.

If you have any problems finding what you need just let me know and I'll point you to a couple of 'industry' sources we use.

Best of luck. ....

Cenex Lawn Tractor Parts

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-23          148656

Murf,

Thank you, Sir. MTD manufactured the tractors for Cenex. MTD assigns the last three numbers of its parts to the store the tractor was made for. In this case, "-095" designates Cenex tractors.

Over the Holiday I received quite a treat. The owner of this tractor left his manuals with a neighbor at some point. The owner's neighbor delivered them to my son on Thanksgiving Day.

I now have a complete set of manuals for the Cenex tractor, mower deck, tiller, and front-mount snowblower.

Universal Co-operatives, Inc.
5965 Grafton Road
P.O. Box 36900
Cleveland, Ohio 44136

Tractor Model Number 4187-11
Snow Blower Attachment Model Number 191-990A
50" Quick Disconnect Mowing Unit Model Number 191-993A
40" Tiller Attachment Model Number 191-981A

Each manual has a complete set of exploded parts views, along with all part numbers.

If anyone ever runs across one of these tractors, or is looking for parts, I now have access to all of the manuals, along with a complete parts list.

All Parts are available through Outdoor Distriubutors. See link below.

Joel ....

Link:   MTD Parts

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login