Go Bottom Go Bottom

Montana 3940HST Reviews

View my Photos
info seeker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-21          118233

I am looking at buying my first compact utility tractor, and am insterested in the Montana 3940HST Tractor with Loader. Anyone out there have any info on them - good or bad? It appears to be a good machine, but I cannot find any reviews on them. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Montana 3940HST Reviews

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-21          118239

Who is the manufacturer? There are lots of rebranded machines on the market. ....

Montana 3940HST Reviews

View my Photos
Info Seeker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-21          118247

Montana Tractors (www.montanatractors.com) used to be known as LG Montana. They are a Korean made tractor

Thanks! ....

Montana 3940HST Reviews

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-21          118250

There seem to be a number of tractor brands coming out of Korea. The LG series is new and most of the reviews are just introductions.

LG Cable has a web site which is sketchy at best. They have been making farm equipment for 20 years. For comparison.

LG Cable - Montana - 20 years
Kukje - Deere, Century, Branson - 37 years
TYM - Scorpion, Mahindra - 37 years
Daedong - Kioti - 57 years

Daedong and Kukje make their own diesel engines. LG is using Mitsubishi and Daedong engines. Mitsubishi is used in the Club Cadet and others. Daedong is used in other Korean brands and Club Cadet.

I would ask is the dealer net work going to be around for the long haul? There seem like a myriad of tractors being introduced into the states lately how many will be around in 10 years when you need parts. Do you know what a David Brown is? A Duetz? It has taken Kioti 20 years to get serious. They started as LG with someone else doing distribution. I guess I am not sure all these tractor distribution networks will survive. Four tractor companies in a country of 48 million seem like a lot. Good grief I think Canada has only one now with 32 million and you could probably place the agricultural land in Korea in one province. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login