Go Bottom Go Bottom

NorTrac Tractor Quality Review

View my Photos
Zoom Resounds Riding
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-29          20984

Has anyone heard of "NorTrac" tractors, by Northern Tractor Co., sold through Northern Tool & Equipment Co.? There price is to good for a new compact tractor, is it junk ??? Who manufactures the NorTrac???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Justin

2000-11-12          21426

Nortrac Tractors

I recently purchased a 25 horsepower, model 254, four wheel drive tractor form Norhtern Tool and Tractor. So far the tractor has been perfect. I am able to pull a 5ft. bushog with incredible ease! The tractor is made in china. In my opinion, this is the best best deal for the money.
Justin ....

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-11-12          21428

Justin,

You are the first I know of to take the plunge and glad to hear the Nortrac is working out for you. If you would not mind, there are a number of folks here who would be interested to hear you opinions in regard to the tractor and how well it holds up for you. You are absolutely correct that at this price it would be impossible to beat. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

Thanks,

Jerri ....

View my Photos
Zoom Resounds Riding

2000-11-13          21447

Justin;
Thanks for the info.
I will have to wait till' spring before buying, even at there price.
Ol'Mother Winter is a tough critter to survive up here in Maine.
If you run into problems with your NorTrac please post it.
Thanks again Stephen ....

View my Photos
TBKEEFER

2001-01-03          23037

Last week I was in NC and stopped by the new Northern tractor store. I have to admit I was sceptical going in. "You get what you pay for"!!

From a distance the tractor looks alright, but once you get close you begin to see the poor quality and lack of attention to detail in the metal. The fuel tank looked like someone hand-forged it over a rock and never ground down the edges..

It started good, it was about 10degF and the tractor had was outside. I asked the salesman about the tractor manufac. He indicated that they were made by Rhino, and had been in the tractor business for 50 years. If you read the posts on the board about Rhino tractors, I think you can get the picture. Although with a company like Northern tool standing behind them they may be a better deal.

They do offer an extended warranty for 3 years that is around $350. This might be okay if you live near there service center.

Not trying to change anyones opinion, but thought I should share my observations.

View my Photos
Cliff Addison

2001-01-03          23048

I saw one at the Northern store in Des Moines yesterday. They do look a little unrefined up close but with $$$$$ comes refinement and creature comforts. Looks like to me you are getting raw tractor. The catalog showed a 25hp unit for 6995.00. I'd say if maintainence parts are available and you like a tractor without all the bells and whistles it might be the ticket. I would sure look into the extended warranty also. Don't think I sell the NH just yet! ....

View my Photos
Greg Crowe

2001-01-14          23421

My first time on and noticed the traffic on NorTracs. Been looking at/for compacts myself, and was curious as to the actual maker of these things. In my searching, I ran across the 'Allied' brand, and they look identical to the Northerns, except price. Search for 'Allied tractors' on the web and you'll eventually come up with at least two locations that sell and service the Allied version... I'm pretty sure they're one and the same tractor out of Singapore.....

Greg ....

View my Photos
R Beck

2003-12-29          72622

I bought a 204C Nortrac and I am very happy with it. I have 25 hours on it now and I got it in October. Been hauling fire wood and put a 7' snowplow (truck type) on the front and it moves it like it is not there. Tractor has been fantastic and so has Northern Tool.

RayB ....

View my Photos
R Beck

2003-12-29          72623

TBKeeper. If you are refering to the Nortrac Tractor it is made by Jinma. If you are refering to something else there it might have been Rino. As far as I'm aware all the tractors are Jinmas. And though not upto the JD standards they really are not to bad for the money. Yes you do have to check the bolts and fix a leak once in a while but the only leak I had on mine was from the fitting I had changed to add my plow. I would buy another one once I want to go for the next larger size.

R Beck ....

View my Photos
Tex*Sun

2004-01-07          73409

Does anyone know if All Northern Stores are dealers/suppliers that keep parts in stock. I have a farm in Texas and also in North Carolina. The store in Charlotte North Carolina is close to my farm. I have been keeping an eye on the info shared here on this site about the NorTrac Tractors and am interested in the 20 or 25 hp tractors to use with a brush hog on 8 Ac. ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-01-08          73422

Since the NorTrac is a JINMA tractor, you will have other sources of parts besides Northern after the warranty period (not htat NOrther would be a bad source). Many Jinma dealers stock parts so if there is a dealer near you selling Jinma, Farm Pro, Work Track, or any of a host of other names for these tractors you might ask if they will supply you with parts and the type of items they have in stock. If your ranch in Texas is close to Bellville, Affordable Tractor sales will have what you need.
There is even a website for online parts sales run by one of the larger dealers.

Oil, fuel, and air filters have been crossed to WIX/NAPA parts, as have belts and hoses. MOst owners will tell you the Jinma (regardles of the name it is sold as) is a great value and will provide good service, however they are best suited to those who are willing to turn a wrench once in a while. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-08          73440

Tex,What few parts I've needed so far,I've got from northerns main place by mail,these were covered by warrenty so I didn't have to pay shipping or anything else,I bought mine at there store in salem,va.,but thats about 2 hrs away and I bet they don't stock parts,now they can probably order them and then you wouldn't have to pay shipping?The filters and such are replacable with american type brands,that can be had at napa or another auto supply place,northern will tell you what the numbers are,but parts are out there in a number of places so don't worry about getting parts. Richard ....

View my Photos
JohnS

2004-01-08          73446

Tex, I don't know about what stock the local stores have, but I can tell you that the Headquarters in MN, is extremely well stocked, and could backfil any store quickly. I got to see their facilities first hand, thanks to Scott S.

JohnS ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-08          73457

John how the hell are you? What are you doing over here? Don't you know that looks bad,you are supposed to be over there helping straighten that new board out,JUST kidding John. Yeah,northern has treated me right,and thats hard to do sometimes,Mr. Brian Sloup is my man,he does pretty good if you don't yell at him on the phone and can get him awake,[kidding again].Brian has overnighted me the few things that I have needed. You going to buy that new 304 they got,I bet thats why you was up there,snoozeling. Richard P.S.,tex,I think what you see in there catalogues are what the stores have,not much extra,I'm sure they could get parts from northerns main place in minnasota,go down and take a test drive at that store,thats what I did. ....

View my Photos
JohnS

2004-01-08          73463

Richard, actually I am still out in MN :( Damn cold here!! and can't complete my registration to the new CTOA board :( So all I can do is browse, but not reply. Needed a "reply" fix :)

PS: The 304 looked nice.

JohnS ....

View my Photos
Harryg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-09          73555

There are dozens of outfits and dealers that can supply all your China tractor parts needs. China Importers, Jinma parts,Northern,, and many dealers stateside. Some dealers off the top of my head are , Bolton power equipment, Tommys affordable tractor, Puma machinery, Tractorloft/Coastal tractor, just too many to remember and I know I'm forgetting some good ones too(its old age I blame). may want to ask on ctoa for others. We are tractor owners there to help each other just as I am here trying to help. I own other tractor makes and always try to help and appreciate the help I get at this site.After all isn't that it is all about. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-09          73560

TBKEEFER,your post is about three years old so..... as far as the extended warrenty,it applies anywhere,any garage or mechanic that you get to work on it,northern will send the parts and pay the repair bill,or thats what I was told,now I'm sure there is a ceiling or standard rate limit for the labor,my local INDEPENDANT green and red dealers who have mechanics and garages,both said they would work on it,they didn't say their rates,but to them it was just work to be had. If you could find a mechanic that could just come to your house and work on it,that would work also. Any place that works on diesel trucks would be able to handle it also. So if you think about it,it may be easier getting warrenty work done on a nortrac then on a johndeere. Richard ....

View my Photos
tadeibler

2004-03-23          80827

Justin, how is the Nortrac doing now? Your post was dated 11/03....My husband is thinking about purchasing the 25HP 4x4 nortrac w/front end loader. Has it been reliable? Thanks! ....

View my Photos
WarHorse

2004-03-23          80829

Thanks everyone for these posts! I've been looking at John Deere and Kabotas for a few weeks now. I've just purchased a small 8 acre ranch/farm here in Punta Gorda, Florida. Being severly wounded and disabled in combat, I have decided to work smart and purchase a tractor and various work saving attachments. The Deeres and Kabotas are fine machines but just how much am I going to work them? Are they worth the price trade off? My opinion is no, not at this present time given my cash flow and necessary work load on the machine chosen. Thats why I was excited to find the NorTrac offered through Northern Tool, Co.
The majority of opinions by those actually owning and operating the NorTrac is very encouraging. A BushHog brand deck looks more do-able with the $9,999 price of the NorTrac 30 HP tractor. The PTO develops enough HP to operate smoothly with the 30 HP diesel engine and attachment. This just may do the trick for me. My only concern is whether I might attach a hand lever for the operation on the clutch as my left knee and leg were shot to pieces and can not summon enough strength to operate the clutch repetedly and often if positioned on the traditional left side of the platform. Other than this personal adjustment, this machine (rough looking but hard working is fine)puts a smile on my face and I'm glad I found this Forum to quiet my concerns and answer some of my questions.

Thanks all! ....

View my Photos
DanB

2004-03-23          80839

Glad I found this site. I have been looking at Jimna tractors (Nortrac, Farm Pro, etc.) for the past couple of weeks and was looking for some info on what size of tractor would be good for snow removal (Colorado mountain snows), dirt road maintenance, basic ranch operations.

We've got 80 acres of ranch land with about 10 acres of good hay field. If we could find a sickle bar, rake, and small square bailer for a good price, what size tractor would you need to provide the PTO power needed for hay production? I've been told 30 hp or higher, any other opinions?

How well does a rear blade work for snow removal if you keep up on it every foot or so? Or is a front blade prefered?

Any info appreciated... ....

View my Photos
edward_dugas

2004-03-23          80842

Rear blade will work fine for snow etc. front blade, if available, is preferred because you do not have to keep looking back. The Jinma tractors hp is generally rated at the PTO. Japanese tractors give the horspower rating in the name, for example a Hinomoto E222 is 22 hp at the PTO, with the third 2 representing that it is a 2 wheel drive. So if the third number were a 4 the tractor would be a 4 wheel drive. Minimum for bailer is 30hp, go larger is you can afford it. With parts readily available for these tractors, recommend that you shop for best price, as they are all the same, and lowest cost shipping. Have fun ....

View my Photos
CopperHills

2004-04-25          84265

That's the very reason I passed up the Kubota, NorTrack, and others. My New Holland TC35D has short throws on the direction pedals and I have spent as much as 12 hours a day working it. ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-26          84323

If you want to save a few more bucks, and are a little wrench happy, you can save about $1500 on one of these Jinmas by buying them unassebled in the crate. You can handle the shipping a couple different ways, at your door, or delivered to a nearby port. There are several importers that offer this service, and it isn't very complicated. They take care of all the importing hassles.

I have heard that there are usually some assembly problems you may have to overcome, but support is available. If I remember the importers, try looking at Chinaimporters and maybe Best-Used-Tractors. ....

View my Photos
Tom Pike

2004-06-20          88927

I bought a new nortrac NT204C last year these tractors are built in China by Jimna tractor these Tractors are very easy to work on I have loged over 200 hour so far with out any real trouble ...and belive me I work her hard.... the fit and finish of these tractors are not as good as on us built .BUT Nortrac has great technical support ...952-808-6697...or even a toll free #1-800-521-0438 Brian Schlup has always been there to anwser any question I might have ...although I haven't had many....this tractor has been a real blessing to me .....no it's no a JD are any of the rest but it's mine ...pay for and it works ..... and trust me if I had it to do again .......NORTRAC......for me

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-06-23          89248

We have a dealer here in CT taht sells "Iron Horse" . They look identical to the Nortrac. I believe it's a father and son shop and they are pretty straight shooters. He more or less verified everything that has been said on these posts that they aren't finished as good, could use some better grease fittings and they are old school but they have proven reliable. The guy was pretty honest with me and told me he only had one with a bad engine and the guy who blew it up pushed it real hard in superlow and he really overdid it. He had on in the shop today needing a u-joint and it had 700 hours on it and it was the first time it was in for something that broke. They offer a full 1 year warranty parts and labor. I never though i'd do it but for the money and a 1 year warranty it's hard to pass up a 4x4 with power steering and a loader for around 8500. I have about 5-6 weeks of solid work to do around my house. with the rental companies getting 200-250 per day for a tractor and york rake around here I'll be way ahead of the game if it runs for this time and I can sell it and even get 50% back. Just my opinion on these. ....

View my Photos
kskwash

2004-06-27          89423

I also have been keeping an eye on the infomation shared here. I have heard several people having good luck with the 20 to 25 hp models, but I have heard more people that have had problems with theirs. I agree that the price is a great deal, but I still am not sure about reliability. ....

View my Photos
drsalmi

2004-08-09          93083

I have been thinking of buying one of the Nortrac tractors with hopefully both the rough cut mower (bush-hog) and the front end loader. I think they will equip a tractor with both. Has anyone had much experiece with these attachments?

I have seen on this website some disagrement on who builds these tractors for Northern Tool. Is it Rhino or Jimmin? ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2004-08-09          93086

Before I can give an informed answer, it would help to know what size (horsepower) tractor you want - and 2wd or 4wd?

They're rebadged Jinmas

//greg// ....

View my Photos
stevemc

2004-08-31          95209

cthonestguy,
I also live in Ct. and am interested in NorTrack.
Where is the "Iron Horse" dealer laocated?

Thanks,
Steve ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-08-31          95210

the dealer is right off route 8 in derby / ansonia. It's called derby ave auto sales. I ended up buying a used Kubota BX2200 2001 model with 180 hours for $6,000 and am very happy with it. I was ready to buy the iron horse and then came across this deal. Good luck..Jim ....

View my Photos
JINMA224

2004-12-26          102959

Hello Mr TBKEEFER,
And I applaud your observations. :-) The tractor is unrefined, the parts sometimes, especially the sheetmetal doesn't allign exactly correct, Doesn't have a steering wheel hand warmer!, Doesn't have GPS!, Doesn't have a stereo or telephone!, and don't whatever you do, take it to a tractor beauty contest!... But
So far when I get on it, the dam thing starts, when I give it the gas the dam thing pulls, when I get to the other end it turns, and the next morning it is ready to do it all over again at about 1/2 the price of the American Brand names New. I say if you have the extra money, then go buy one of the nice American Brands,, because they are without a doubt better. But if you want to get the job done at about 1/2 the price,, then there is no other option that I know of, other than buying used and sometimes that turns out to be a deep hole to dig out of. :-)
Have a nice day,
Hooking up the 3ph again,
Joe ....

View my Photos
jwngej

2004-12-27          103039

http://www.deljen.com/index.html This is a part supplier for a lot of dealers for Jinmas, also manufactures a loader "Spirit" made specifically for these tractors. I went there to buy one and ended up buying a Mahindra 2015 instead.. What a dealership, terrific, "Instant and unexpected service " and it is just that.. they have racks of all the parts in the back, check out their site.. It is in Waupaca, Wisconsin. ....

View my Photos
jwngej

2004-12-27          103040

"Deljin world" also will get you there...John ....

View my Photos
JINMA224

2004-12-29          103132

I also considered Mahindra, JD, NH, MF,Kabota and checked all of their prices,, but, they were at twice the price of the Chinese tractor price. And I wanted some money's left over to buy some equipment and not have a monthly payment. 90hours of boxblading, my little 224 is still cranking, pulling, & turning. And I might ad, that the others didn't offer a spring suspension seat on the 22hp, and I would not do without now.
Hook'n 2 tha 3ph :-)
Joe

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-25          110327

NOR TRAC IS MADE BY JINMA. GO TO JINMA.COM FOR PARTS ....

View my Photos
johnboy64

2007-07-19          143870

Hi Ray- I just received my NorTrac 204 on 7-12-07 from northern Tool. So far, I'm thrilled. I have been chasing down Internet sources for filters and maintenance info since the Chinese manual really sucks, as I'm sure you have noticed. The unit is a real hoot, however, and I really want to take good care of it. I'm getting a lot of rattling noise when going down hill in gear, any gear. Sure hope it's not a big deal.

Probably hust some rocks in the gear box or bolts in the oil pan. (Ha ha?) ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-19          143872

Johnboy64,

Nice to see that you are going downhill in gear. With any tractor, this is the ONLY way to go downhill!

The rattling you hear could be just the sheet metal covers, which don't fit very well in the first place, and they probably have no rubber bumpers to dampen the vibrations. (I installed rubber washers behind the cover screws on my Rhino. BIG HELP!)

When going downhill, the weight shifts forward a bit, which is probably enough to cause the covers to rattle.

Rattles and squeaks are pretty common on the Chinese tractors. Each tractor is different, too. Not all Chinese tractors make the same noises. You'll get to know your tractor a bit better over time. With each rattle and squeak you find, there is likely a simple cure.

Peel-and-stick adhesive weather stripping goes a long way to sealing the air gaps, where grass clippings can plug up your radiator. This will also help stop the covers from rattling. Once you find that the weather stripping works to solve a problem, you can then take more permanent measures.

Joel

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-07-19          143873

Big time serious "rattle" going down hill - especially if there was a vibration with it - would have me off the tractor in a heartbeat, looking for loose lug nuts. For at least the first 50 after getting a NEW Chinese tractor, I strongly recommend checking all critical nuts and bolts BEFORE taking it out to do any work

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Cropdustr

2010-10-02          174320

Derby Ave Auto Salaes in Connecticut??? I'm looking for a tractor, do you know if they have more??? do you have their address ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-10-03          174326

If it's a NorTrac that you're looking for specifically, there's a link to their store locations below. You can also buy "mail order" tractors from their catalog, but the prices are higher than in the stores (to hide the actual cost of their alleged "free shipping").

//greg// ....

Link:   Northern Tool stores

View my Photos
dpelleg

2010-10-08          174454

I bought a Nortrac 254 used with 130 hrs. I use it mostly for hauling 800lb round bales with a rear spike.
No real problems except hard to start in dead of winter. I'm installing a radiator heater before this winter. hope it helps. I may have to check the glow plugs.
Buying parts is a little difficult, they change parts with no rhyme or reason.
Still a good deal for the money. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-10-08          174462

Insufficient voltage at the glow plug buss is a common problem on the YangDong engine (if that's what you have). Best fix is to install a glow plug relay. Same with the solenoid on the QD100C3 starter. If pinion engagement failures (just a lot of ineffective spinning and whirring noise) increase as the outdoor temperature drops, you could use a starter relay too. I installed both on my YangDong, and added a pair of oil pan heaters while I was at it.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
dpelleg

2010-10-27          174800

Greg,thanks for the cold start advice. where would be the best place to get these relays for the Nortrack? ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-10-27          174801

Got mine at NAPA

//greg// ....

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac NorTrac Tractor Quality Review

View my Photos
Marbles33

2010-12-27          175991

I bought a 25hp Nortrac 6-7 years ago. If used what it was built for, It's great! Mine has the loader. Use it for general property upkeep. You can get in trouble if you try to push it to the limit, as the white metal is weak, the tie rod is weak and the radiator is....thin metal. The battery position sucks and you have to almost pull the radiator to get it out. If you don't tie up the 3pt hitch, you can snap it lie a tooth pick, again...white metal. Mine always starts, cold weather or not. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Have not broke it in years, but when I first got it...I treated it like a John Deere and that was a mistake. The very good folks at Northern Tool took very good care of me and never left me without parts. Had the 5 year warranty...Thank God! :O ....

View my Photos
MidTNJerry

2011-11-18          181269

Hi guys. I have 25 acres, and I'm looking for a versatile tractor, but I'll be using it 90% for bush hogging. I'm looking at the 25XL. Does anybody have that model and use it for bush hogging? Thanks. ....

View my Photos
maternut

2014-01-05          188605

I keep hearing the finish on these chinese tractors not as good as the ones made here. Now can any one tell me who makes a 30 or 35 HP tractor in the USA. I am planning on buying but John Deere has lied to me and I won't be back to them. Kubota dealer was going to get back with me the next day after a visit, needless to say he called about a month later I hung the phone up on that turkey. Now the Chinese tractor is looking better all the time. I get the impression from Deere they don't care about selling unless it's a hundred thousand or more. Had a deal with Mahindra and told them to deliver. They called back and said they quoted the wrong price, I said OK. Then they said they were going to add on more for delivery. Told them to keep the darn thing. All I have to do with the chinese is hit a button and its mine. One disgusted old man. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2014-01-06          188607

You might consider a Massey-Ferguson 1500 series, but take care that you get one that's assembled in Georgia. Some cut-rate outfits are selling Agcos (Chinese MF) as Masseys. The Farmall B (Case/IH) is another possibility. But like all compact utilities, confirm the country of origin before committing to a purchase.

//greg//

View my Photos
Gameman

2015-06-14          192953

NorTrac 35XL
I just bought one not delivered yet ....

View my Photos
Gameman

2015-06-15          192967

How it the tractor doing I just bought a 35XL New
Just asking

Thanks ....

View my Photos
Gameman

2017-07-30          196919

Nortrac 4WD with loader Shuttle Shift
I am over the 2 year mark. I like all the features of the Tractor. Yes I am happy with the tractor.
The Good Power steering is awesome. Brush Hoging is super, Shuttle Shift is a sweat . Font end loader does what I need. Comfort not bad. Maintenance is fairly easy. It is doing what I want. It will pick up round bales of hay on the farm. It doesnt like them when they are rain soaked. But Dry loading is a breeze.

New issues coming up. Rubber boots on the Column shifty PTO and other areas with the exception of the loader controls are disintegrating and have been steady falling apart. I can Live with it Coat them with silicon. I will be calling to see if they are covered by guarantee. Yes it has been in shelter. Just appears to be low quality rubber boots.
Carter Pins. I don't know why but most of the issues with pins falling off seem to be carter pins falling out. Then the pin part it held falls out or binds Not an Issue if you do your own work but it is annoying when you have to wait for a new pin to arrive. Buy a box of Good Carter pins and replace them you wont regret it.
Now the main sore spot. The Warranty is a Parts only. Finding some one to do warranty work, Even the Service centers listed by Nortrac is a Joke. The 30 day on site will not happen don't believe it. It was the pin on the lift Issue. Simple fix but If you are going to say on 30 days on site. Just Do it.

Being Mechanically inclined,Good with your hands and with a full tool shop. I am in the good. I dropped the extended warranty as I deemed it worthless. Think Part only and you will be fine.

I can by the parts on my own.

Yes I would still buy it. ....

View my Photos
psextreme

2018-02-13          197507

It's a chinese made tractor, poor quality manufacture, mine has had problems overheating since I bought it. The engine and clutch separated one day and had to have it all rebuilt. Local mechanic says that their bolts and metals are poor quality. When I got it and looked it over, it looked like it used and new paint over old tractor. And now it's hard to get parts for them. No seals for the steering mechanism so had to have some fabricated.
Good price, bad quality tractor

View my Photos
Gameman

2018-02-14          197512

My was Made by FOTON
No Big issues. Its Holding up at the 3 year mark. Haven't had any big issues. Hope I dont. Just annoyed. By the Warranty being parts only. I can do the work. But I will remember the on site repair lie.
If You Cannot do your own repair work DO NOT BUY THIS TRACTOR. ....

View my Photos
Gameman

2018-02-14          197513

psextreme
What Model
How Long have you had yours??? ....

View my Photos
Nortracshop

2020-04-12          199058

I have been shopping for a 20-30 hp tractor. Tight on money and have seen great prices on Nortrac.

I am handy but not an engine rebuilder.

Should I spend a little more for a Kubota, or Deere or NH?

Thanks for any input.

View my Photos
thepipe

2020-04-12          199059

My suggestion is Kioti. I have an old CK30 HST, and it is as reliable as gravity. The other brands you noted are reliable also, but cost much more. ....

View my Photos
Gameman

2020-04-13          199064

Hey My 35 4wd XT is still going strong the Factory rubber boots here and there just dont last, I coated all of them with heavy layers of silicon adhesive. The Cheap Carter pins that cam with is all yanked and replaced.
. I drained all the oil and all other fluids that came in it and replaced it all with the good stuff from TSC..Electrical wiring at almost 7 years no Issues at all. ( I had heard there would be but none yet) The Rubber on the Coker front end loader got a costing of silicon and gorilla tape. I am suprised that here in Texas the seat ( It is not in a barn outside stored exposed) is still in very good shape. Minor Clutch adjustments had to be done. Battery died this month 7 years on a battery it good. All in All if you can do your own mech work it is not a bad tractor. I still would but it again. IT HAS A PARTS ONLY WARRANTY and that is its main flaw. Mine is the FOTON model not the Jima ....

View my Photos
spark123

2020-05-15          199169

Spend the same and buy used Kubota. I was in your shoes and NH and Kubota came out with 0% financing on new tractors. I ended up with a new one year old NH and don't regret not getting a chinese tractor, although I wish I would have gotten the Kubota. With being able to buy parts anywhere for many decades to come and being able to find service anywhere if needed.

If you don't mind buying a new fixer upper and having limited parts availability. Buy the Northern. You don't get what you don't pay for. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login