Go Bottom Go Bottom

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-28          114037

OK, With out looking at your manual, which way do you pull or push your handle to engage 4 wd. Is down towards the ground engaging it or is pulling UP engaging it? Since my tractor does not let me know with an idiot light when it is engaged I had to guess till I looked it up?
Do you know, with out looking it up? The sticker next to it is useless

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-29          114058

On the 'Botas we run, you push (step?) on the handle to get 2wd and pull up for 4wd.

There's no light on ours either, but when your sliding around on the ice & snow there isn't a lot of mystery in it either. LOL.

Best of luck. ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-29          114065

Down is 4X4 on my Cadet, with no idiot light either. The diagram on the sticker next to it shows which is which if you can drive and read upside-down simultaneously! ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-07-29          114067

On the JD you have to stop and think about what the switch icons are trying to convey. The switches are engraved with home grown international language-barrier-free icons that are politically correct by being universally indecipherable. ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2005-07-29          114070

My NH TC45 is UP to engage FWD. ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
BillMullens

2005-07-29          114083

On the TC29 it is easy to remember: Push the lever toward the front wheels is 4wd; pull it back toward the back wheels is 2wd. After 600 hours on it, I don't even have to glance at the lever anymore.

Not sure about your TC40, though.

Good luck,
Bill ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
oneace

2005-07-29          114094

On the gear drives like Brokens you pull up. On hydros you push forward. ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-07-31          114162

Well, I felt like a totall idiot a few weeks ago when I did not know which way was engaged. I was trying to pop the clutch in loose stuff to try and see. Finally I had to look it up and that even took me an hour to find! I am trying to figure out a way to remember it but it may be best for the tractor if I just mark it on the sticker with a perminant marker. This way here if any of my hunting buddies is running the tractor for me it will be self explanatory.
KWS
LOL Yes it is politically correct, no one can figure it out by the markings! I Like that, good one! ....

4 wheel drive

View my Photos
taheide

2005-07-31          114167

Just crank the steering to the stop and gun it, when the buggy starts dancing, you know where 4wd is :) I love how the Bota can fly in and out of 4WD, makes tight turning while manuvering with a load easier on soft soil. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login