Go Bottom Go Bottom

Transmission Hydraulic oil level D2650FD

View my Photos
kwindle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-12-07          167298

Which plug is used to determine the fill level on this model? There are several plugs on the side that look like logical choices, but the service manual I have is not clear. There is no dipstick on the fill cap...should there be? Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-08          167318

Don't know, but generally, the correct level is not as specific as for engine oil because it depends on the position of the cylinders, what the pump's doing, what check-valves there are, etc.

If you can see gears through the opening, it should be the right one. As for the level, you need "headspace" above it for expansion, esp in the summer, and the most upper gear should be at least partly bathed. ....

View my Photos
sharkblood

2015-03-18          192385

I have the same question, the dipstick was cut so I don't know how to figure this out.
There is a large bolt on the right side, bu that one seems to be too low. There are also two plastic plugs on the right and left side, on the upper part of the transmission. This seem to me to be too high.

So... question remains unanswered :).

I own a D2350FD, which is similar to D1650 , D2050 , D1850 ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-18          192386

On most tractors there's a sight glass, a little clear panel, usually on the rear-facing portion of the rear end. It may be covered with so much dirt you can't see it at just a glance.

The transmission, rear end and hydraulic reservoir are all one common section.

Generally with the tractor parked on a level surface, with the FEL down if it has one, the oil should be in the middle of the sight glass unless there's upper and lower limits shown on the glass.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2015-03-18          192388

There is a plug on the right side toward the front at about the same level as the rear axle. This would be the fill level. The 2 plastic plugs are probably to keep the threads clean for future use. ....

View my Photos
sharkblood

2015-03-18          192390

Thanks, I'll check it out in the WE.

I have to mention there's no thread in the holes covered by the two plastic caps.
There are threaded holes in some other areas, these are covered by rubber caps.

And... one of the plastic caps is missing on my tractor so it was leaking some oil while running. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login