Go Bottom Go Bottom

Overheating

View my Photos
DonBurrell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-08-28          133726

I have a D2650FD tractor that has over heated, runs hot, from the day I purchased.

I have flushed the radiator installed a therm. stat to give more residant time in the radiator, that helped some.

I have also bumped up the radiator cap to a 12 lb. The tractor still gets up to 100 cel. of 212.

The tractor performs well and I have put 100 plus hrs. on it and have not had any performance I just have to work it stop cool it down etc.

I do not see alot of flow in the radiator.It had a new water pump on it when I bought. I was wounder if maybe it was a rebuilt and is weak or maybe the shives are worn out I really cannot tell.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

"Remember has ran great for at least 100 hrs. it just get hot too quick in my opinion".

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Overheating

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-28          133729

Don,

I read this you purchased this tractor used, since you point out it had a new water pump on it when purchased. If so it could be they were trying to find the problem and failed also or did not like the cost of it.

Simple things I have seen, clogged air filter or greatly restricted. Clogged at least partly radiator core. I have seen the best chemical flush not work, required taking apart to clean it out. Could you be overloading the tractor? Or using a higher gear than you should for the load?

Hope you well,

Overheating

View my Photos
donabjr

2006-08-28          133730

I am not sure why I cannot read all the response, Although I have checked all the filters etc. I think when I run it again and it runs hot I am going to stick a thermometer in the radiator and make sure the guage is ok. ....

Overheating

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-28          133744

Gauges are just thermocouples. This are basically two different metals welded together. I wish I had a nickel every time I have seen one fail or creep off. You need to pay for membership to get the whole post. ....

Overheating

View my Photos
Peters

2006-08-28          133745

Also was it a new water pump or a remanufactured one? If the clearances are in correct the pump often does not pump much. ....

Overheating

View my Photos
donabjr

2006-08-29          133771

I think I will contact a fellow name Bill Rogers in Virgina and see if he has a new water pump and guage for the tractor. I bought my manuals and some other parts from him I hope he has a pump and guage. ....

Overheating

View my Photos
Murf

2006-08-29          133778

Before I got to excited about changing a bunch of parts, I think I'd spend $10 on a good stainless steel thermostat, get the tractor to running temperature and stick the thermostat in the coolant and see if it really is that hot, or if the $5 sensor just went bad, or there is a bad ground in the meter's cicuit or something simple.

I've seen several instances were people thought their machine was running either really hot or cold, in all cases the thermostat said it was the gauge or sending unit that was wrong.

Best of luck. ....

Overheating

View my Photos
donabjr

2006-09-05          133965

Went to hunt club where the tractor is. Put thermometer in radiator and guage is off. Bought a new guage. Will install this weekend. Hopefully cap is just releasing when I am over working tractor a little. I might step up to a 15 lb. cap. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login