Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7610 Powering Steering Vibration at low RPM

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-04          179659

With all the heat I have not been using my tractor much, grass just doesn't grow without water ;)

Anyhow, just noticed that at slow RPM (1200 and under) I get alot of vibration in the power steering where turning. At normal PTO speed everything is OK. So am I losing it, ie it has always been like this ..... or am I noticing something new that needs to be addressed.

Got about 300 hours on the super UDT and going to change it before winter, already have the filters and fluid in the garage.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-04          179668

Does that model use a common sump and so the PS is running on the same SUDT as everything else?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-08-04          179670

Murf,

Thats my understanding, the Kubota Manual only mentions the one for everything. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2011-08-05          179677

If it's only when turning, i.e. pressure on the hydraulic steering gear, and only when turning low RPM's, my guess (and it's just that) is that you've got a pulsing valve in the system.

It could be the priority valve or a pressure release valve or maybe even just a funky flow pattern through the PS gear itself.

The simple test is to change the fluid and filters and see if it changes / goes away.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-08-05          179679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 179677
If it's only when turning, i.e. pressure on the hydraulic steering gear, and only when turning low RPM's, my guess (and it's just that)...

Yes that's what it does, if fluid change does not do the trick am I on the road to more serious troubles? Or just low idle vibration / pulsing. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-08-05          179681

Dennis I have a B2710. When it is run hard for a while and in our heat gets hot, it will do I think the same thing you are experiencing. Let it cool down with lighter cutting (think using cutter is only time I have noticed it but that is only thing it is used for at full throttle long enough to get really hot) and it levels out. Right off not sure if it is doing it a full throttle or when it is lowered such as letting it cool. Don't have it to happen so often it bothers me but am certain it is only when the tractor is really hot. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-10-02          180663

Next time I ran it I cycled the loader and steering and it seems to be Ok now. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login