Go Bottom Go Bottom

Thanks to all

View my Photos
jamm33
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-20          155438

First post here but have been on this site for a while doing research. Just bought my first tractor yesterday - new Kubota B2320 with FEL and 60" MMM. Now have 2 agonizing weeks to wait for it to be delivered - I think my wife is more excited than I am! We have 4 acres to mow/dig/garden and can't wait to put this baby to good use...

Wanted to say thanks to all for the information and expertise on this site - was a big help in making my decision and learning what I needed. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Thanks to all

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-20          155446

A few tips to consider while waiting. Unless they're a long way off, tell the dealer you'd like to see it before it's delivered to you. Have them slowly operate the FEL through its range of motion while you watch that none of the hoses rubs on anything. Get them to demonstrate how to do routine maintenance (the manual is fine but not as useful as seeing). Get a few years' worth of replacements (like 100-hr filters) so you don't have to run back every time. Consider ordering liquid in the rears (which will make it more stable and give better traction when the bucket's full). The most useful tool that you may not already have is an air compressor -- eg for blowing chaff off the rad screen.

As for the missus being more excited than the hubby, um, I think that's covered on a different web site. ....

Thanks to all

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-20          155449

Jamm33,

Welcome to the group! I KNOW you'll like your new Kubota. It's a very well-built tractor. I can't say it's indestructible, as anything will eventually wear out, but they are among the most dependable pieces of equipment in the world.

It's nice to know that you were able to find what you were looking for while browsing through the discussions here. I learn something new nearly every day when reading through these discussions. Our members are always helpful, polite, and courteous.

If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask. There are several people here who are dealers in Kubota tractors. Many of us own Kubotas, as well. There's always somebody here to lean on when you have questions.

Be careful when operating your new tractor. Wear your seatbelt and keep that bucket low when hauling heavy loads.....and never EVER go downhill when in neutral. Always keep that tractor in gear and don't depress the clutch when going down a slope. Keep your roll over protection structure up and locked for everything except mowing around the young trees.

Have fun, and don't be afraid to show the wife how to operate it. My wife enjoys running the tractor while picking up twigs in the yard, or when hauling dirt for her flower beds.

Joel ....

Thanks to all

View my Photos
JOHNWTHOMAS

2008-07-20          155451

Major warning!!! You need to realize the risk you will be taking by allowing your wife to drive it. When you say "OK, get off and give it back" she may say "in just a minute" for several hours. Congrats on your purchase. You will love it. I started with a BX2200 4 years ago and have ended up visiting Barlows for the 6th purchase a month or so ago. Now have 3 Kubotas and several 5 gallon diesel fuel containers. ....

Thanks to all

View my Photos
jamm33

2008-07-20          155459

Auerbach:

Thanks for the advice and tips - I definitely plan to get a thorough orientation before I finalize the deal at delivery. As for filling the tires, hadn't thought of that and was curious what liquid is used to fill them and how much it normally costs. Sounds like a good idea - thanks. ....

Thanks to all

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-07-21          155468

Tire filling:

They know what goes in (depends on how low the temp gets and the valve specs) and how far to fill (it's not all the way). Most tractor dealers do this, if not, they'll send for a farm-tire truck that will have everything. Doesn't cost much and should last the life of the tires but I don't know the amount, and it can be affected by what kind of anti-freeze, if any, they add to the water.

If you have this done, you might want to get a tire-pressure gauge that's designed for liquid-filled tires. ....

Thanks to all

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-07-21          155482

More tips.

Ask the dealer if and where you can buy off-road (road-tax exempt) diesel. Ask what they have to help refuelling. (A common way is to get several plastic 5-gal containers and get them filled at the supplier. But full ones are heavy and awkward to lift to the tractor fuel filler. I use a John Deere 2-gal no-spill that I fill on the floor from the 5-gal ones. An earlier thread here described what other owners have done.)

A MMM costs a bit but much improves stability and traction, and doesn't increase the length of the rig. But it's harder to service (clean under and sharpen the blades) and to attach/detach -- so get good instructions. If you have a no-mowing season, what about storage? If you might want to stand it against a garage wall for servicing and storage, ask about a chain or a sling so you can use your loader to move it.

You'll need a grease gun and a case of cartridges. If you have a compressor, you can get an air-powered one. (It doesn't take so much muscle to lever the grease in, but you sometimes need three hands to do it, and with the air you just need two.)

Finally, don't think of a Kubota as a cute car. You'll get a long day's work out of a tank but you must never let it run dry. Tractors can tip; implements have been known to eat fingers. ....

Thanks to all

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-07-21          155491

No doubt I have a low price air grease gun but it is dangerous. The sound it makes is the same regardless of whether it is pumping grease or not. You can think you have pumped such as a mower spindle and no grease was pumped due to being empty or such. But it sounds the same so I don't use it on such as cutter spindles. It is a Sears air gun. Took the first one back and the second did the same. No idea on other air great guns. kt

You probably need to use high temp in those spindles any way. Ask. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login