Go Bottom Go Bottom

hydrolic cylinders on kioti loaders

View my Photos
virgil
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-29          53991

I am a kioti dealer in the north texas area. one of my customers stated to me that the #1 problem for Kioti is the hydrolic cylinders on the loaders. This sparked my intrest as to where he got this information. We have sold the kioti tractors over 10 years. Less than 10 cylenders have failed in this time span. 95% of my tractors are sold with loaders. I am truly intrested in the public perception of my product. Any input is welcome. thanks virgil

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
mathey

2003-04-29          53996

Well, perhaps maybe that -is- the number one item to fail on Kioti's.

In your experience, what would you say is number one?

Honestly, its hard to find a whole lot of negative feedback from those who own Kioti's. It may be simply due to the relatively low numbers in use as compared to the "big 3".

I was so impressed with everything I read about them, I bought a CK20 sight unseen! ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-29          53997

I spoke with a Kioti owner here in Canada recently, he claims to have been one of the very first Kioti owners in Eastern Canada, he has just taken delivery of his third new Kioti, a shiny new DK45, cab and all.

When I asked him about reliabilty, a big concern to me since I run a fleet of compacts commercially, he said the ONLY problem he had with either of his first two units was with the first one. It had been shipped from Asia with 68 weight hydraulic fluid, which when temperatures fell in the winter got pretty thick. He drained it, refilled it with 32 weight, and never had to do anything else but maintenance on it before he traded it in on the second unit, which was trouble-free for the entire time he owned it.

Now to be fair, he had not put as many hours on the two of them combined, about 650 hours together, as we put on some of ours in two months of commercial service. But then they suited him and his tasks just fine.

Bottom line? Of all the Kioti owners I have spoken with here in Canada, the biggest complaints were not about the machine, but problems with the dealer itself.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-04-29          54026

The only warranty work done on my DK 35 was for a leaking bucket tilt cylinder.

View my Photos
TomG

2003-04-30          54032

Virgil: You might do a search on 'ouch' or 'DK35'

A recent discussion was about a several similar failures around bell-housings. In general, Kioti owners seem to be a pretty happy lot around here. It's important to note that the owners who experienced broken bell-housings didn't seem too disturbed, which probably is a result of good warranty support. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-30          54043

While I was doing research on new tractors last year, I found a Northern California dealer who told me he had sold 70 Kioti's and the only warranty work he had done to that point consisted of replacing a couple of leaking hydraulic hoses. ....

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-30          54045

Virgil, all is fine with Kioti. They DO have a reputation for leaking loader cylinders. In the era of computer communications, a small problem can be percieved as a big one. If 1 in 100 leak , it will seem like a major EPA disaster on the web. The good news is that I haven't detected any other common problems with Kioti in my computer travels. If anyone shys away from a Kioti for that reason, they are making a big mistake.
Pacesetter ....

View my Photos
moosefishing

2003-04-30          54057

you asked about the #1 failure on Kioti... It is as follows; the fuel and water flaps on the hood face the wrong way!!! they will break off when the machine is DRIVEN on a trailer and roaded. (you need to BACK the machine on the trailer. Good news is the flaps cost about three dollers, I just give them away. Kioti backs me on that. They (kioti) are aware of the problem but it will be an expensive fix to retool at the factory. It is bieng addressed.
We at one time had a real problem with the bolts getting loose on the loader frame. This was fixed by tapping out the holes in the tractor (to remove paint,cosmiline,casting burs, etc), then applying "locktight" and TORKING (not using an impact wrench) the bolts properly. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-04-30          54062

Pacesetter,
Yes Kioti Owners/dealers will admit to having some minor problems with their equipment, unlike some owners/sellers of some other brands of tractors :)
Also Kioti's are selling well and we will be hearing about more glitches as the Kioti population increases. All in all I believe they are as good as any of the big 3 models and possibly a bit better than some. Time will tell.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login