Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti LK3054 Mice problem

View my Photos
onlyone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-09-06          193570

Seems every time I park my tractor for more than a week the mouse move in. They love to live in the beams on the bucket. Took off the gauge panel and it was stuffed solid.

Have bags of moth balls and irish spring added now.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-06          193573

They might be nesting for the winter. One cure is rodent poison, unless other animals you don't want killed could eat it too. In that case there are traps that can hold multiple mice. You have to keep at it. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-06          193575

Moth balls contain naphthalene or para dichlorobenzene which is toxic. I would put the moth balls in a mason jar with holes in the cap so any dogs, cats or other animals do not ingest any. Coffee can or anything you can think of that prohibits animals eating it.

A feral cat might help if you do not mind them ;-)

Glue traps are pretty good also.

View my Photos
cheapscot

2015-09-06          193582

Mothballs in a crab bait cage work well for otters on boats but I've never used them for mice. One thing you can do is saw up some old 3"or 4" pipe into 2 foot sections, drill a hole in the centre and feed some aluminum wire through that is about 3 feet long. One end you make into a loop to hold some solid poison or pellets mixed with peanut butter and the other end you wrap around the tube once you pull the bait back in to the centre. This gets around the problem of domestic animals or livestock getting into it ( not many things can reach a foot down a 3" x 2 foot tube either way except for the things you want to get rid of. They are just as easy to set up as a trap and last far longer without having to empty or re-set them. The other thing is that the first thing that you will kill using these is the " scouts" ( Believe it or not these animals are that organised) so they can't take back the idea that there is food or a warm place to stay somewhere near. This means you should either leave the traps out year round or get them out before it starts to cool down outside. Also, if you have found out the routes they go on put a couple of these things along the routes. If you can continually get the scouts most of the rest of the group will stay away.

As for the people that want to do live release, I personally wouldn't. The things are vectors for all sorts of different diseases that affect people and animals alike. ....

View my Photos
onlyone

2015-09-16          193703

Mouse Update...

Irish spring bar soap helped but still getting in. Seems to lose the smell. Had a coupon for irish spring stick Deodorant. Extra strong smell. So far so good. No mice in the tractor or old cars. Wish me luck. ....

View my Photos
cheapscot

2015-09-16          193706

Have to love it. Irish Spring seems to be the repulsive substance of choice. Rats, mice deer, - the next thing we know it will turn out to be better than pepper spray on bears! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-09-16          193707

My idea would not for the dash and not sure it would work where suggesting but could you take expanding spray foam to fill the fel beams to prevent them entering them? Realize you are trying to get ride of them and another reason is they attack snakes.

It sure seems there would be a true electronic device that would make a sound or vibration sound that would run them off.

You might need to look for the food source near enough they can live where you tractor is. No idea how far they will travel for food but would doubt very far. No idea on their need for water. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2015-09-16          193711

The best way!!!! Block up the loader from underneath the bucket, normally two short 6x6's on top of each other will work to cover loader drop. Get to the hardware store, by the widest flashing, more then 12 " wide, cut flashing in lengths that will go from the floor vertically up the tires and drill both overlapping ends for type of fastner on the top. Normally a zip tie or bolt will work fine.

It may take a few minutes to get set-up but it does work. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login