Go Bottom Go Bottom

john deere hydraulics

View my Photos
jpedef
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-01          152659

I recently purchased (8 months ago)a new John Deere 3320 with a 300cx loader and a 448 backhoe. The loader and backhoe seem extremely sensitive. When lowering with a load in the bucket, you can move the control lever quite a distance without response, and then within a micro movement the load drops very fast. It takes a very high level of concentration to feather the load down. The backhoe operates in the same manner when the hoe is lowered in the extended position. The sensitive point on the controls borders on being unsafe.--- I know when people read this, the first solution will be to get a new operator. --- So I'm looking for the second solution. I have owned and operated a 580 ck for years and rented small kubotas on several occasions and the controls work very smooth compared to the jd 448. Is there a solution to this or is J.D. just a herky jerky machine?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

john deere hydraulics

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-01          152662

I really haven't kept up that well to know if the hydraulic systems are identical or not, but my 4310 with a 430 loader and 48 backhoe have to be a real close cousin to your 3320. I've got to wonder if there is something that can be adjusted to change the sensitivity level of the controls. I've been real pleased with mine, you can just creep the hoe bucket along something you don't want to destroy, or dump the loader bucket ever so easy when dumping crushed rock or sonething like that. Have you talked to the dealer's service manager? Get it adjusted and you will be a happy camper. Frank. ....

john deere hydraulics

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-01          152664

I've got a 4310 with a 430 loader and 47 backhoe and the controls seem pretty smooth so maybe something is wrong with yours. How many hours? Has it been sensitive since new? Does your dealer have another machine to compare it to? ....

john deere hydraulics

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-02          152669

The bucket curl circuit when dumping has 2 settings? A little to the right and you should be able to feather the dump ALL the way right opens a relief valve? Dumps super quick. POSSIBLE first feather opening restricted? If it done it since new warranty should look at valve. DONT QUOTE ME ON TERMS FOR VALVES its early and I have BF and headed to work so can't look up.

The BH is simple open close valves. Those you will have to learn to feather. Full extended as it starts down tractor move just little hand moves slightly and the valve opening opens. Try with fingers resting on grabbar and use thumb. ALSO are all the pivot points on the valve linkages lubed? none sticking a little. ....

john deere hydraulics

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-04-04          152745

You should probably check the preasure in your system as you might be shocked with what you read on the guage??? I have the CX loader on my JD and it was lazy when you curled it down to its full limit and I was suspicous it was low on preasure as it would bearly push the tractor backwards if you wanted to use it to get out from being stuck. I had a JD mechanics check it out while they were here doing a service update a month ago and guess what the preasure was off 350lbs ! It is soposed to be 2150lbs and it was right at 1800. With presure set correctly it will now pick the backend up with both rears loaded with rimguard. I have no idea if yours has an adjustable relief valve or not.[JD is using some fixed preasure valves and they DONT always work correctly]???? Its a way to save money and would probably be fine if they were always calibrated correctly but in my case the valve was faulty!
E:-( ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login