Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere JD 4310 no forward or reverse

View my Photos
backhoes
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-08          144478

i have a 4310 3yrs old with 100hrs on it this forward and revereproblem came on suddenly i had reverse for awhile but soon lost it also.fault code was1 then 3then 1 i replaced one of the pedal sensor things but it made it worse.i was in a tight spot when this happened its amazing how far you can go by using backhoe to push.its at the dealer nowbut im dreading the diagnosis.hope its not to bad other than this i love my tractor its done things it wasnt designed to doand never gives up please let me know if anybody has been ther done thatand what the diagnosis was

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-08          144482

The trouble codes should be a combination of four flashes, either long (1 sec) or short (1/2 second). A long and three short sequence means simultaneous command from forward and reverse. This is a normal situation that can happen when both pedals are pressed simultaneously and the correct response is that the tractor goes nowhere. If this is happening due to a wiring fault it would explain the problem. Maybe the forward and reverse positioning sensors are shorted together somewhere. The wiring under these machines can be caught on sticks and shrubs and can tear loose if not tucked and tied tightly out of the way. I installed the factory skid plate set on mine to avoid this sort of trouble. It would be very interesting to know what your dealer finds so please let us know! Good luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-09          144534

Might be something mechanical like a broken ring and pinion which I am aware of for two others with this problem. ....

View my Photos
backhoes
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-10          144612

thanks for responding,tractor is still at dealer hooked to the computer,theres alot of head scratching going on,i will definately install skid plate because i dont want to go through this again ....

View my Photos
Chief

2007-08-24          144981

I had this very thing happen to me about 4 months ago. After I had spent the day bush hogging, on the last pass after 9 hours of operation I stopped to admire my work. As soon as I took my foot off the forward pedal, the malfunction light flashed. It was already dark and I caught the flash out of the corner of my eye. The tractor would not go forwards or backwards. The tractor would start as I tried to shut it down and restart in hopes it would work but nothing worked. I noticed the forward pedal not the same height as the reverse pedal which prompted me to get off the tractor and look at the pedal linkage to the potentiometers. Come to find out a stick wedged itself in the linkage. The tractor worked fine until I took my foot off the forward pedal but when I stopped, the stick had both pedals slight depressed in the linkage which to the computer is the same thing as pressing both pedals at the same time. Once I removed the stick, the tractor worked fine and I had a HUGE sigh of relieve. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login