Go Bottom Go Bottom

What s a fair price for my John Deere 2030 tractor

View my Photos
ca4502
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-07          169826

I have a John Deere 2030 tractor to sell. What would be a good price to ask? I also have a box blade, bush hog, and dirt scoop for sale.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-09          169873

Pretend you're buying one, and look up what's available for how much.

This morning's news reported that Deere is reducing output to reduce inventory, causing shortages, so that should increase the values a bit. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-09          169877

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 169873
This morning's news reported that Deere is reducing output to reduce inventory, causing shortages, so that should increase the values a bit.

Ummmm, if they're reducing production to reduce inventory, that means they have too much inventory, that would mean the prices need to come down to get inventory out the door.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-04-09          169880

Yup and when that happens dealer/factory incentives start getting even more attractive to potential buyers like lower or no interest rates. Then that pushes used machine prices down even more.

Where I live (motor city area) New Holland dealers offer factory-invoice to car company employees on tractors--which is why I went new on all my stuff. And the interest rate for used versus new can be 10% or more difference. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-04-09          169883

I didn't read or hear about Deere reducing production, but my guess it would be in compacts and smaller lawn stuff that dealers would normaly have in inventory.
After the farm crisis of the early eightys when Deere and their dealers were caught with big inventories of new farm tractors that sat and sat before they finally sold things changed to a sold order only basis on farm tractors. A dealer may have a couple lower HP loader types on hand but hardly ever a big one just for inventory. With all the combinations of accessories that can be had there wouldn't be two farmers in the state of Iowa that would want identical accessories on a new tractor.
Combines and planters are even more so an order only sale. If you need a new planter for next spring you have to order it by this spring. No dealer is going to stock a 200K 24 row planter or combine and hope to sell it. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-04-10          169897

I wasn't clear between what I heard and assumed. A single radio news piece the previous day said Deere was reducing production to lower its inventory (no mention of what lines or country), and was causing shortages. The statement that this would raise prices was just my assumption. Searched unsuccessfully for more info. ....

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-04-22          170210

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-04-22          170211

Sorry to chime in late but I just paid $7000 straight out for an '82 1050 (see it at www.forksequipment.com until they take it down). Click on Products, Used Equipment then Compact Tractors 1 - 40 hp. It appears well taken care of and runs like a top with 1149 hours (no pst or hyd). Yours is obviously bigger but 2wd tractors are fast going the way of the dinosaurs. I wanted a small tractor to go where my 5101E can't very easily, like between parked cars in the winter to pull out snow to where the other one can get at it. I have a pair of chains that will fit this 1050 & will need to put on some front weights. John Deere now has 0% up to 36 months on used equip. so they're definitely feeling the pinch. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login