Go Bottom Go Bottom

Battery not charging

View my Photos
needgatoraid
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-17          174091

I have replaced battery and after replacing battery everything runs fine. Then after a few days i test the battery and it hangs around 12.5. Then out of the blue it will not start and battery will test at around 10.5
If someone can tell me where to start i would very much appreciate it.
BTW, it's a 2007 Deere HPX 4x4 gas.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Battery not charging

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-19          174104

Have you hooked up an ammeter to see what the current draw is with the engine off?

If it's more than maybe 25mA (that's a SWAG, I have no idea what a Gator draws in the off state) start pulling fuses one at a time until it drops, that will isolate the circuit that is causing the drain. Once you've isolated a circuit then start troubleshooting with items connected to it. ....

Battery not charging

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-20          174107

It's been my experience that intermittent problems like this usually end up being a bad ground issue. Most of these small engines have marginal charging power at the best of times, add in a little corrosion and it goes south fast.

Have a look at, and clean well, all grounding points and the battery cables also.

Best of luck. ....

Battery not charging

View my Photos
needgatoraid
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-24          174163

Thanks, for the replies. I checked all the ground wires and they appear clean and secure, it only has 90 hours and is in pristine condition. I will double check again.
Where are the fuses located?

Thanks, for all your help!
God bless ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login