Go Bottom Go Bottom

new owner 2006 hpx 4x4 diesel

View my Photos
rrab1958
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-28          147482

We just bought a 2006 hpx 4x4 diesel with 30 hours on it and when you run full speed and let up off the diesel pedal it will make a noise as it is slowing down almost like a hissing sound right before it come's to a complete stop is this normal? This machine look's like brand new so I hope there is nothing wrong with it.It is a blsat to drive Thank you Don Barr

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-28          147485

I have two of the exact machines you are talking about and I can't say that I have ever heard that sound you are describing. However, it sounds like it could be related to to your belt and clutch slipping. Can you open your bed and take a look at what is happening when it makes this sound? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-29          147497

I don't know anything about this machine but usually associate a hissing sound with a hydraulic pressure relief. What sort of hydraulics are on the HPX? ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-29          147505

One of the design problems with belt driven ATV/UTV's is the fact that they tend not to have available engine back pressure to assist braking because of the freewheeling nature of the drivetrain.

This is even worse when you throw a diesel into the mix because the engine design does not create the back pressure you find in a gas engine.

That said, most manufacturers these days have created some sort of system for replicating engine braking on these units and I wonder if that is what you are hearing and feeling. ....

View my Photos
rrab1958

2007-10-29          147524

Thank's everyone I take it to jd and have them look at it. hope i didn't get took Don ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login