Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractor wont turn over

View my Photos
clarence
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-20          176923

Tried to start my tractor this morning and it would not start. I have two new batteries. Jumped it to my truck but will not crank or turnover. When I turn the key I get nothing. Help!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tractor wont turn over

View my Photos
richwaugh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-20          176929

It would help if we knew what tractor is having the problem. Did you try jumping across the solenoid terminals on the starter itself? Across the starter motor terminals? You have a problem, probably somewhere between the battery cables and the starter but you haven't given us anything upon which to make a diagnosis.

If it will turn over when you jump form the solenoid terminal to the starter battery terminal then the problem is most likely in your ignition switch. If not, then check your battery cables and connections. If it will spin when you jump the battery directly to the starter motor but not when you jump the solenoid then the problem is most likely the solenoid. You need to do some basic troubleshooting. ....

Tractor wont turn over

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-20          176930

If you get action from shorting the starter, often there's a safety cutout to prevent any starting current unless the clutch pedal is full down, there's weight on the seat, the PTO control is in neutral, or whatever, and they're not working right. You have to find them all and bypass them one by one to find the sticking one. ....

Tractor wont turn over

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-20          176931

There is only one interlock on the Jinma, it's at the clutch pedal under the left floorboard. A wire goes from the keyswitch to the interlock switch, then from the interlock switch to the starter solenoid. Quite often this interlock gets either damaged or out of proper alignment with the clutch pedal - or both. Brush/ice can also mess with the wiring. The Jinma keyswitch isn't a quality unit either. Yours is seven years old, I had replaced mine LONG before that

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login