Go Bottom Go Bottom

jinma 284

View my Photos
switchman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-08-22          133574

Jinma 284 4wd not working, Have put 100 hr on this tractor has worked fine, was using the box scraper in the 4wd mode, everything was working fine, I parked it Behind the shed and it sate there for A couple wks Had to leave town, went back to finish job 4wd not working, no noise the shifter will shift fine but will not Engage front wheels?? Any ideas, and yes all the oils have been changed.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

jinma 284

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-22          133584

try rocking the tractor with the clutch and then see if it will go in 4wd. Some time it needs to move to where it will go in 4wd. ....

jinma 284

View my Photos
switchman

2006-08-23          133617

I put the tractor up on jack stands and exposed the front drive shaft by pulling back the cover. It appears that the is a free floating drive shaft held in place by spring and coupler and some tiny ball bearings. Started the tractor and put it in 4WD. The front gear case drive gear was turning but the drive shaft was not. It seems that I must have some how hit the shaft with a stump or??? And the ball bearing fell out, reinserted the ball bearings and spring with coupler back on the shaft and now seems to be working fine. ....

jinma 284

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-23          133632

GOOD JOB ....

jinma 284

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-23          133634

Sounds like you were fortunate the parts came loose but dd not get lost.

jinma 284

View my Photos
switchman

2006-08-24          133654

Found the problem, but unfortunately I could not find all the steel balls it takes six and I only replaced 4 of them and when I stress the front end in 4wd the shaft slips, jerking motion. I looked in my part list and there is no part number for that steel ball, it only says (Steel ball 8) does any one have a part number and how I can get my hands on them? ....

jinma 284

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-08-24          133655

If you can take the balls out you can take it to a bearing house and they can probably match it up for you. ....

jinma 284

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-08-24          133664

NAPA ....

jinma 284

View my Photos
affordable

2006-08-25          133696

We have the balls,you also need to make sure the snap ring is still on there,most of the time the snap ring breaks which allows the balls to fall out.Call us at 979-865-4002 for the parts

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login