NorTrac Tractor Quality Review: Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review NorTrac Tractor Quality Review: Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

parts   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Forum

Page 1 | 2 | [ 3 ] | 4 | 5 | 6 |      << Prev | Next >>

03-23-2004, 13:54 Post: 80842
edward_dugas

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 NorTrac Tractor Quality Review

Rear blade will work fine for snow etc. front blade, if available, is preferred because you do not have to keep looking back. The Jinma tractors hp is generally rated at the PTO. Japanese tractors give the horspower rating in the name, for example a Hinomoto E222 is 22 hp at the PTO, with the third 2 representing that it is a 2 wheel drive. So if the third number were a 4 the tractor would be a 4 wheel drive. Minimum for bailer is 30hp, go larger is you can afford it. With parts readily available for these tractors, recommend that you shop for best price, as they are all the same, and lowest cost shipping. Have fun

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo | Share This
 04-25-2004, 19:20 Post: 84265
CopperHills

That's the very reason I passed up the Kubota, NorTrack, and others. My New Holland TC35D has short throws on the direction pedals and I have spent as much as 12 hours a day working it.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo | Share This
 04-26-2004, 07:26 Post: 84323
beagle

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

If you want to save a few more bucks, and are a little wrench happy, you can save about $1500 on one of these Jinmas by buying them unassebled in the crate. You can handle the shipping a couple different ways, at your door, or delivered to a nearby port. There are several importers that offer this service, and it isn't very complicated. They take care of all the importing hassles.

I have heard that there are usually some assembly problems you may have to overcome, but support is available. If I remember the importers, try looking at Chinaimporters and maybe Best-Used-Tractors.

06-20-2004, 03:18 Post: 88927
Tom Pike
2004-06-20 00:00:00

I bought a new nortrac NT204C last year these tractors are built in China by Jimna tractor these Tractors are very easy to work on I have loged over 200 hour so far with out any real trouble ...and belive me I work her hard.... the fit and finish of these tractors are not as good as on us built .BUT Nortrac has great technical support ...952-808-6697...or even a toll free #1-800-521-0438 Brian Schlup has always been there to anwser any question I might have ...although I haven't had many....this tractor has been a real blessing to me .....no it's no a JD are any of the rest but it's mine ...pay for and it works ..... and trust me if I had it to do again .......NORTRAC......for me

06-23-2004, 22:21 Post: 89248
cthonestguy

TP Contributor

Filter by User

We have a dealer here in CT taht sells "Iron Horse" . They look identical to the Nortrac. I believe it's a father and son shop and they are pretty straight shooters. He more or less verified everything that has been said on these posts that they aren't finished as good, could use some better grease fittings and they are old school but they have proven reliable. The guy was pretty honest with me and told me he only had one with a bad engine and the guy who blew it up pushed it real hard in superlow and he really overdid it. He had on in the shop today needing a u-joint and it had 700 hours on it and it was the first time it was in for something that broke. They offer a full 1 year warranty parts and labor. I never though i'd do it but for the money and a 1 year warranty it's hard to pass up a 4x4 with power steering and a loader for around 8500. I have about 5-6 weeks of solid work to do around my house. with the rental companies getting 200-250 per day for a tractor and york rake around here I'll be way ahead of the game if it runs for this time and I can sell it and even get 50% back. Just my opinion on these.

06-27-2004, 05:59 Post: 89423
kskwash

I also have been keeping an eye on the infomation shared here. I have heard several people having good luck with the 20 to 25 hp models, but I have heard more people that have had problems with theirs. I agree that the price is a great deal, but I still am not sure about reliability.

08-09-2004, 21:29 Post: 93083
drsalmi
2004-08-09 00:00:00

I have been thinking of buying one of the Nortrac tractors with hopefully both the rough cut mower (bush-hog) and the front end loader. I think they will equip a tractor with both. Has anyone had much experiece with these attachments?

I have seen on this website some disagrement on who builds these tractors for Northern Tool. Is it Rhino or Jimmin?

08-09-2004, 22:20 Post: 93086
greg_g

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Before I can give an informed answer, it would help to know what size (horsepower) tractor you want - and 2wd or 4wd?

They're rebadged Jinmas

//greg//

08-31-2004, 23:15 Post: 95209
stevemc

cthonestguy,
I also live in Ct. and am interested in NorTrack.
Where is the "Iron Horse" dealer laocated?

Thanks,
Steve

08-31-2004, 23:18 Post: 95210
cthonestguy

TP Contributor

Filter by User

the dealer is right off route 8 in derby / ansonia. It's called derby ave auto sales. I ended up buying a used Kubota BX2200 2001 model with 180 hours for $6,000 and am very happy with it. I was ready to buy the iron horse and then came across this deal. Good luck..Jim

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | [ 3 ] | 4 | 5 | 6 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Forum

Thread 20984 Filter by Poster:
beagle 1 | candoarms 1 | chipuren 1 | Cliff Addison 1 | CopperHills 1 | Cropdustr 1 | cthonestguy 2 | DanB 1 | dpelleg 2 | drsalmi 1 | edward_dugas 1 | Gameman 6 | gauthier 3 | Greg Crowe 1 | greg_g 6 | Harryg 1 | JAMESC1212 1 | Jerri Neese 1 | JINMA224 2 | johnboy64 1 | JohnS 2 | Justin 1 | jwngej 2 | kskwash 1 | Marbles33 1 | maternut 1 | MidTNJerry 1 | Nortracshop 1 | psextreme 1 | R Beck 2 | spark123 1 | stevemc 1 | tadeibler 1 | TBKEEFER 1 | Tex*Sun 1 | thepipe 1 | Tom Pike 1 | WarHorse 1 | Zoom Resounds Riding Center 2 |

SEARCH

(Advanced Search)

Picture of the Day
CountryFolk

Parts and Repair - Ford 3600 Hydraulics Top Cover 3pt Lift Cylinder Slector Valve
Ford 3600 Hydraulics Top Cover 3pt Lift Cylinder Slector Valve

Recent Posts without Replies
   Get Top Branded 300 Savage Amm
   Hinomoto E2602 How to bleed fu
Recent Topics with Activity
   Tractor dies when put in gear
   Is a tiller a good tool for la
   New Kubota Track Loader Need G
   Remembering when I joined TP
   Best way to level Lawn
   Zero Radius vs Compact Tractor
   Kubota Tractor Tires Tubes or
   Why soil Testing is a Waste of

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ NorTrac Tractor Quality Review
+ Jinma Tractors Are They Worth It
+ FOTON TRACTOR Review
+ Nortrac Tractors vs Kubota Quality
+ some info on lenar tractors
+ FOTON TRACTORS
+ The truth about Lenar
+ Rural King Tractors
+ Who makes Nortrac