Go Bottom Go Bottom

GM Dex-Cool Class Action Settlement

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-11          151247

FYI, in case you've had problems with the intake manifold gasket on a GM vehicle.

Link:   GM Dex-Cool class action settlement

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-11          151254

A few years back there I had a similar problem, but with a Land Rover Discovery my (then) wife drove, also filled from the factory with that same anti-freeze, allegedly because of the aluminum construction of the V8 engine in them.

When I pushed the factory just a little bit (on advice from the service advisor) it was suddenly covered by warranty, including the fluids and a loaner to drive while it was in the shop.

Surprise, surprise......

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2008-02-11          151255

It is my understanding that every aluminum intake manifold gasket on a GM 3.1 and 3.4 engine went bad between 70,000 and 111,000 miles. Many of the 3.8's did it as well.

I had mine done on my Grand Am GT 3.4 at about 95,000 miles. It was done by a shade tree mechanic for about $600.00 which was cheaper than Mr. Goodwrench. I understand he used different gaskets which hold up longer. Mr. Goodwrench uses the factory ones which go bad again in about the same or shorter interval of mileage.

Thanks Ken, didn't know that a suit was pending. Don't have a receipt to make any claims! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login