Go Bottom Go Bottom

How Did that happen

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-20          189053

We all see things that we have wonder "How did that happen"

Recently I have been noticing disabled cars on the side of the road with plastic front bumpers dangling on the ground sometimes with the headlight assembly pulled out as well.

1) Was it a two car accident and the other car was towed away?

2) A one car accident that ran off the road and hit something and ended up on the shoulder?

3) Or like my significant other does, she always parks her car too far forward in a parking space usually catching the front plastic bumper and air dam on the curb. And now because we have record snow and solid frozen ice in front of all parking spaces, that old practice dies hard, catching the front end on the ice and ripping it off as they back up.

What do you think?? I am thinking number 3!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

How Did that happen

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-20          189059

I wonder if the previous law requiring bumpers to prevent costly damage in a 5 mph crash has been watered down, and now bumpers are for maximal style at minimal cost.

How Did that happen

View my Photos
dododo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-20          189070

I do not for sure but I think the 5MPH bumper rule has expired for some time now. I think the basis is probably that it is better for cars to disintegrate nicely and absorb rather withstand the force of impact.

I think some manufacturers have taken the impact absorption design to such an extreme that their cars would incur thousands of dollars of damage from just a 1 MPH touch. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login