Go Bottom Go Bottom

Compact Utilitiy Tractors are not are new idea

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-11          163368

Thought this was kind of cool........

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-11          163372

If you look at the first gas farm tractors they were running about same hp as today's compacts or subcompacts.
Neat piture, looks just like do today other than a whole list. :) ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-06-11          163374

In the late 1800's our family bought it's first tractor, a double cylinder Massey steam traction engine, it was a monster of a thing on steel wheels and closely resemble a railway locomotive.

It produced a then unheard of 35 horsepower to the belt drive.

My how times have changed.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-11          163382

My Grandfather's brother, what ever relation that is to me had a steam engine and a "Seperator", as they called a threshing machine that he pulled from farm to farm in the late 1800's till in the 1930's. I have no idea what brand they were but my Dad said that it took a long time for the thing to get from farm to farm pulling the threshing machine down the road.
My grandfather's first tractor was a Fordson, and my Father's first was a "B" Farmall that he farmed 120 acres with. My first was a Super "M" Farmall, a giant compared to the "B".
I still have a "Cub" Farmall, in the same class as the little Deere in the picture, about 8 or 9 HP. I think. I get it out once in a while just to keep it limbered up. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login