Go Bottom Go Bottom

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-07          151156

I am in Dallas Tx this week. Can any locals recommend a good steakhouse?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-07          151157

SOOOOOO, Dennis, how many of us are you inviting along for steak???? Make mine well done and then cook it a while longer. Frank. ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-07          151158

Dennis, look on the Food Network's web site. They have done many shows from both Steak and BBQ locations there with great reviews. Some are real hole in the walls. kt ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
Murf

2008-02-07          151159

If I was in Texas I'd be looking for a real good BBQ joint, I can get a first rate steak up here.

Unfortunately BBQ doesn't really exist north of Memphis, up here they think a grilled hunk of meat is BBQ. :(

Me thinks me needs to build another double chamber BBQ smoker. ;)

Kenneth, I couldn't bribe you to go out to "Little Pigs BBQ" on the By-pass (# 17) just past the Myrtlewood Golf Course and get me a rack of ribs could I? ;)

Best of luck. ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
equiteacher

2008-02-07          151163

If you have to stay in Dallas try Bob's Chop House or Three Forks. But the best steaks are at the Stock Yards in Fort Worth - Risky's Steak House, H3 and Cattleman's - all within a block of each other. ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
randywatson

2008-02-07          151171

I'd have to agree mostly, but for Dallas I'd add Baby Doe's Matchless Mine does a great steak, and everything else that goes with it... ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-02-07          151173

Wound having to go out with a group to a place close to the Hotel we are staying at, its was a BBQ type place, that made everything from ribs to sashimi grade Tuna. Best part was that the prices were very low.

Have to try those places on another trip, headed back to NJ tomorrow night.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Dennis ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
kleinchris

2008-02-08          151174

Bobs is pretty good, however if you are looking for something more personal- (not a franchise) check out Randy's steakhouse in Frisco. Worth the extra drive. Randy gives you a call a few days after your first visit just to see how things went. ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-02-08          151184

Murf,

Not sure if I have eaten there or not. Have eaten at one in that area. Don't remember the name right off. There are to me some very good BBQ's in this general area. So if I go in there and tell them the great Murf sent me, I get special service? kt

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
Murf

2008-02-08          151187

Kenneth, if you mention my name they'll be looking over your shoulder for the other 15 hungry guys that used eat there with me all the time.

Hope you're a big tipper...... ;)

There was another one up the way from there I recall being told about too, it was a converted service station, looked like a real hole in the wall, but the cloud of smoke and heavenly smell gave it away.

Best of luck.

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-02-08          151197

Murf, that was the one I thought you were talking about until I read which golf course. So did you visit here or work on one or more than one of the courses? As to tip, I will tell them you will be right in to handle it! :) kt

There really are enough places of only BBQ or that BBQ is a big part of their menu you could eat at a different one each day for a couple of weeks. The best BBQ place in this part of the world is suppose to be a old country store about 60 miles from Myrtle Beach, that still cooks it over wood. No seating and have been told by more than one, DO NOT ASK for the HOT BBQ sauce. :) We can save that for ole Jeff, old son. There is another one that is also a hole in the wall who is nearer that has the BBQ cooked over wood. You would think the building is about to fall but what is really going to fall is the juices in your mouth. Only problem with both of those places is they are only open such a limited time. Man, now where can I go tonight for BBQ!!

Well on the same line, Fatz and Sticky Fingers both small chains have good BBQ also. Fatz ribs only but Sticky Fingers has a big selection of meats and styles of BBQ.

Not sure now who mentioned it here but shame so many people don't know the difference between "grilling" and BBQing. No all meat cook on a fire is not BBQ. ....

Best Dallas Steakhouse

View my Photos
Billy

2008-02-08          151198

For damn good BBQ I'd suggest 2 places, if you're ever in that area. My number 1 pick would be Wild Horse Mountain Bar-B-Q, near Sallisaw, OK. The place ain't much to look at but they make it up in taste. Number 2 would have to be Bodacious Bar-B-Q in Longview, TX. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login