Go Bottom Go Bottom

When Your Tractor Work is Done

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-21          137243

So what do you do with your oversized tractor on your small 2 acre lot when all your excavation work is done? You get a set of forks! These things are great! I hardly ever have the bucket on anymore. No more walking up and down stairs to get decorations for Halloween. Or hauling boxes up and down stairs for Christmas. I built pallets and bins, hoist them up to the doors over the garage, and push the boxes into the bin. I move my attachments around without getting off the tractor. I organized all my leftover stone, brick, wood into bins and forklift them into inconspicuous areas. I am really happy with these forks! :)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-21          137251

I've been wanting forks for awhile but didn't care for the bucket forks (lack of visibility) and the ones that work with the quick attach are spendy. What kind did you get? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-21          137252

I've got pallet forks for the bobcat and I agree they are verrrry handy. I dig tree stumps, move/place boulders, break concrete slabs and load them in trucks, slide the forks together and dig trenches, lift the truck by the trailer hitch to change a tire, play "hide and go seek" with the neighbor's car up on the forks (JUST kidding), take a 14' long piece of thick wall 6x6" tubing slide it over one fork and voila! a jib crane that can reach 20' up (have to secure with 2 chains and binder to take weight off fork) and still lift 1000lb. full out. These are New Holland-brand; others are available but are all about the same price. (I paid $750 five years ago)

Anecdote: The other day I was helping a guy set 18' 10x10" pilings. A helper watched me goof around with the end of the jib boom pushing a short, 2x4 on its 2" side around lengthwise in the dirt without tipping it over (okay, read: showing off). I told him he better watch out 'cause I'd take his wallet right out of his pocket (with the boom) if he didn't watch out (well, in all honesty I'd have to change it to a smaller hook first) ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-11-21          137253

Ken, I got the quick attach. I found them in the wantaddigest.com locally for $700 in new condition. Yes they are pricey but they can lift lots more than clamp-on forks and they add a whole new dimension to the tractor. I am glad I didn't get the clamp-on forks after having these. I had to do some fancy talking to the wife but even she is convinced. EW, I can't do what you do yet. But I agree they are like having fingers on your loader. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login