Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kentucky Legend Sliced Ham

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-09-17          187989

As part of diet I have been eating 3 egg whites and one egg yoke for breakfast for couple of years with Canadian Bacon.

Recently my local supermarket started carrying Kentucky Legend sliced ham which I am now using in place of Canadian Bacon.

Up here only A&P carries it, in NC the Lowes supermarket chain does.

I cook it up in the Microwave until it becomes almost like back bacon. Great taste half the price of Canadian bacon.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-09-17          187991

Sounds more like pork jerky. As a Kentuckian, I gotta ask if you've bothered to try Legend ham prepared normally(?). I mean, what's wrong with plain old ham'n eggs for breakfast once'n awhile?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2013-09-17          187992

:) ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-10-02          191146

Don't know why but all the supermarkets up here stopped carrying sliced ham products.

I contacted A and P and let them know I missed the Kentucky Legend Ham and surprisingly they started carrying it again in my local store.

I am still on the same Breakfast regimen, with Salad for lunch and dinner every day ....drives my wife nuts !

Dennis ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-10-02          191149

Is Kentucky Legend a brand? My wife often buys Smithfield ham steaks and boy that is good eating. Not sure how much weight there is in one but we often will eat one between the two of us for breakfast. Need to let it rest to get good gravy and with good grits, egg for me (wife only eats boiled eggs) with stewed tomatoes...oh need some biscuits and then a nap! Now I am hungry and it is bed time. kt ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-10-03          191150

No not part of Smithfield that was bought by Chinese firm.

Picture Link
Everything and Anything Kentucky Legend Sliced Ham

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-10-06          191176

Smithfield selling to the Chinese really upsets me. But I was told they had some kind of agreement if not owned by a company in what was Eastern Europe and was basically run by the mob or mafia from there. Was told the group was so dangerous they were known to be controlling the hog market in the US a few years back and the Feds were scared to go after them. How true no idea but had a friend who got out of the hog business because of all this he said. The refused to pay the market price and drove out many of the independent hog farmers to control the market. Again, no idea how true all of this is. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login