Go Bottom Go Bottom

TGI Fridays Review

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-17          152224

I have not gone to a Fridays' in years but yesterday, we were in a hurry and wound up going to one. I had a grilled chicken salad. The chicken was obviously one of those long shelf life precooked chicken cutlets that they just toss on the grill in a token gesture to reheat it. Man is that stuff awful. My son had a burger, admittedly I am spoiled because over the last couple of months we have taken the step to grind our own chop meat, but lets just say that the burger was greasy and tasteless and regrettable.

I said to my wife afterwards, that we should have sent the food back and refused to pay for it. That is really the only way that they will get the message that improvements need to be made. Unfortunately, we are always gracious and say that things are fine when asked "How is everything", probably not helping Friday's either. Though we won't be back.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TGI Fridays Review

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-17          152237

So Dennis along the lines of being PC (albeit counterproductive when it comes to continuing food quality)--what do you say to the wifey when she asks: "Do these jeans make my butt look big?" tehehehe ....

TGI Fridays Review

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-03-17          152239

EW, I married up, and lucky for me my wife can still shop at American Eagle and fit into teenager sized jeans. I often think of the words Will Ferrel used to describe it in "Talladega Nights" when he says grace "and thank you baby Jesus for my smokin hot wife!"

She'll shoot me if she sees this........ ....

TGI Fridays Review

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-18          152243

I've never eaten at a Fridays, but have really backed off at McDonalds, Hardies, etc., the last Wendys we ate at even the floor was greasy. Kinda scares me to eat out anymore, most of our national chain resturants are a disgrace. One of our boys worked at a High Dollar national resturant chain during college, some of the things he told will turn your stomach. Things like meat falling on the floor and just picked up and put on the plate, seveal times he saw food that was sent back that the cook spit on before it went back to the table, water glasses reused and never washed, we never eat at national chains anymore, just local places in small towns where I know the cook. Frank. ....

TGI Fridays Review

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-03-18          152248

Dennis, you probably can go to their web site and register you experience. Some will thank you and give you gift certficate for another experience.

Not sure where it came from but recently was emailed a video on the germs on lemons on glasses. About 70% of those slices very contaminated.

I do not prefer chains either. kt ....

TGI Fridays Review

View my Photos
cutter

2008-03-18          152255

You all struck a chord with me here. My experiences an most of those places is, never mind, I'll drive home rather than stop and eat at one.

Dirty, terrible food and overpriced. My new job takes me all over the state, I pack my food in a big cooler type lunch box. Not because I am cheap either, I have a corporate card to use on the road. Simply put, I don't care to throw the dice with my health.

I am learning where the clean, local joints are located. Had one old tavern owner that was cook and waitress during the lunch crowd (all two of us) impress the heck out of me. What a great meal, huge hand made ground round burger and home cut fries....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login