Go Bottom Go Bottom

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
markmartin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-06          92898

I purchased my MTE2000 a month ago from Corriher Tractor and have had the most horrible experience with the entire process.

I won my tractor at auction at a very good price. Not my fault that they started the bidding so low. When I arrived at the dealership (the same day the auction ended mind you) to pay with cash they treated me like I had gotten "too good" a deal.

I received no instruction on the tractor. My rookie tractor questions were treated as stupid. When I went to close the deal after the tractor was finally readied, the salesman was nowhere to be found. I had to ask for everything and keep the process going the entire day.

The real problems started when I got home and the "new tractor" happiness left. The voltage regulator failed the second day. Luckily I'm handy and diagnosed this problem because Corriher was no help with this either. Then, instead of looking up a part number and quoting a price I had to mail them the broken part. 3 weeks later they contact me and say they have my $200.00 part from Japan.

Of course, I had already found an alternative for half that price and refused the item. The parts manager got upset that he had done "all that work" and hung the phone up on me. I of course called right back and let him have both barrels. Yes, at this point I was cussin!! You would be too.

In the past three weeks the exhaust manifold cracked and the muffler fell off. Corriher said, "just go have it welded cause those are expensive to replace." The fanbelt broke, close inspection while replacing this I noticed damage to the fan blade and radiator, and I replaced the front tires because they were dangerously dry rotted. OK, I accepted the tires that way, but I wouldn't have sold anyone a tractor with those tires.

My point is this. If you expect good customer service and a smooth transaction then don't buy from Corriher. They also took the liberty to delete my post from their own forums and blame the entire situation on me.

Maybe I have a social problem....I don't like getting screwed.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
cherymax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-07          92936

Man that sounds like a bad deal all the way around. I too don't like getting screwed... Thanks for the heads up. ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
Ducati996
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-07          92944

I have dealt with them quite a few times without any problems, so I guess the ratio is now 1:1 ??
I'm not sure what a MTE2000 is but if the auction said conditon as is -then Caveat emptier (buyer beware)

There always two sides to every story - I would like to hear the other side before I make a conclusion here..

Duc ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
markmartin

2004-08-08          92951

Duc,

I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I'm just saying I didn't.

Unless you bought a used grey market tractor from them, sight unseen, traveled 7 hours in 1 day to pick it up on the day the auction closed, paid cash, got treated badly, and then had stuff start breaking and literally falling off the tractor the next day; then your vote doesn't count.

By the way....it is Caveat Emptor, and that is precisely my point.....BUYERS BEWARE!!!! ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-08-08          92957

It no longer made sense and the thread was edited already -11/17/04

Ducati

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
vwdoctor3

2004-11-17          100476

you duck people are mostly triumph convert morons trying to make a social fashion statement anyway. and I work on your p.o.s. ducks, there are those who are passionate about their machines and there are whiners. if your duck had issues like this poor bastard you would be the first guy in line at the warrantee counter and have a forum started in every duck sight on the planet. so a little compasion would be in order.
and the 996 is for pussies whith no nuts anyway

signed, the guy who fixes your p.o.s. bike ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-17          100478

Gee..... how pleasant. Thanks so much for sharing. ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-17          100481

Hmmmmmmm..............Me thinks an IP address search is in order here. "What's in a name?" 2 names with the same IP address perhaps???? Something is fowl in the state of Denmark! ;o) LOL! ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
vwdoctor3

2004-11-18          100489

searh away. I dont even like nascar. or sniveling cry babies either. a}it is wrong to bash a buiseness for personal reasons b}duc boy and his fancy post of look at my toys "click under his name" should have been more compasionate to circle boy nascar mans veiw and experience with whoever this "corrier?" is. ....

DON T BUY FROM CORRIHER

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-11-18          100490

vwdoctor3 ,

This thread was finished 3 months ago and was edited by moderators (rightfully so)...the sequence no longer fits and it got heated.
Actually I have added more toys then that...You didnt have to look at the pictures, purely optional...

Ducati ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login