Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Highway Billboard Ads

View my Photos
PacersDad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-09          125873

New billboards on the MassPike, (Massachusetts). The Anti-Handgun group had a Bulletin board up that said "You're more likely to live here - due to tougher gun laws". It was widely and popularly dismissed for propaganda as tougher gun restrictions have caused crime in Boston to skyrocket. Mayor Menino publicly admitting that tougher registration laws saw the "unexpected result" of higher crime. Violent crime against innocent citizens at a continously escalating peak of ten years. No sign of decline. Republican Governor Romney's forcing weapons permits up from $20 to $100 in every part of the state having an immediate effect, badly. Pretty much what will happen under CA Republican Governor for SF, CA. Follows suit for the present administration which concentrated on taking arms away from registered suburban homeowners in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina, while city of NO was terrorized by illegally armed looters!
New billboards list states which Boston group blames for promoting looser gun laws which Boston group claims are travelling across state borders?
Pretty sure the laws don't matter to the people with the stolen handguns. My defense against this nonsense is a well-built gunsafe bolted to the wall studs in a locked closet upstairs after you get by my 100lb dog.
and The idea that you can use a weapon to protect life and not to protect property is insane. My two cents.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-09          125875

Years ago I read and had to think on the bumper sticker that read, if guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

Very true. ....

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-18          126270

Having been a pro "law" constituent, for as long as I can remember, I find it somewhat strange too.

In my travels, I am seeing/finding more and more "NRA Certification" ranges popping up. I ask myself,
"self, is this because of the past potential scares that get brought up in congress or the like, that we must prove ourselves again, that we are responsible enough to have weapons/ arms?"

There is not a day that goes by, that in some corner of our land, some news station doesn't boast that their local city's homicide rate has dropped last week from 34 deaths to 31 deaths....AND THEY ARE EXCITED (!?) about it? What did I miss?

It is a sad day, when we could all have as much target practice (or "range time"), on the streets of the inner city at night, as we get at an NRA range.

Your comment from the bumper sticker kt, "if guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.", I vaguely remember as well.
Do you remember going to the county fair and plinking the little yellow targets? I am sorry to say, that is how I feel when I walk in the city at night after a ballgame, movie, concert/show or whatever brings me to the city for the arts. I feel like at any moment, my flag will be plinked........
(my 2 cents)

- Willie H ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-03-18          126276

We are pushing back........ a little.

For the last year I (and other retired officers)have been granted the "privilege" of having our 2nd Amendment guarantee to bear arms extended by federal mandate to all 50 states. Yes, even Kallifornia, NYC and the murder capital of the world, Washington DC.

It took 12 years to get House Resolution 218 through congress and finally passed as a homeland security enhancement.

The hope is that HR 218 will provide a future template for all honest citizens to follow.

Meanwhile, if you live in a rights-restricted environment I can only reiterate what Ronald Reagan said: Vote with your feet. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-18          126277

Well I was in Boston this week and saw the signs from the Taxi. The one I saw had me scratching my head trying to figure out what they were implying.

I have to agree with Wille, I am for ownership but responsible ownership. In my mind the NRA does not differentiate between the two.

I also have seen data manipulation to prove a point, on the anti regulation side. When you work with human studies data you must consider the hundred of other factors. My favorate was plotting of the data for new regulations in Britain. They showed that after the tough new regulations were introduced that hand gun deaths had increased. Naturally the plotting of the data showed the small increase. If you did the math the increase amounted to 3 new deaths per year in the UK. The time period was over the fall of the Eastern europe, which any idiot knows released tons of guns on the world black market and a new sources for organized crime. The source for the article was the Faser Institute, a far right wing non-think tank in the Fraser Valley. Naturally this was passed to me by my boss and former quality control person. See stats don't lie.

The other aspect of the 10 year old article that was disturbing, which has increased recently was the incorporation of Christian principles also manipulated for their point of view.

Ex 21:28-30 "If a bull gores a man or a woman to death, the bull must be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible. If, however, the bull has had the habit of goring and the owner has been warned but has not kept it penned up and it kills a man or woman, the bull must be stoned and the owner also must be put to death. However, if payment is demanded of him, he may redeem his life by paying whatever is demanded.

They took the first verse and argued that their was no way that the gun owner knew it would kill. To me it bespeaks to the fact that you know the gun has the potential to kill. Most are not ignorant of the fact that it can easily kill and without proper handing will. A good portion of the gun deaths in the US are miss handling (see Dick C. fire). You need to keep it safe. If you do not keep it safe and out of the wrong hands you are liable, in my mind.

In the last few weeks this analogy has been brought to life in our family. My mother's neighbor was in the pen with the Holstein bull. Something he had done numerous times. Suddenly it attacked him and tossed him. He was nearly killed. Having no family the neighbors have spent the last few months nursing him back to life. He will not turn his back on the bull again and it will be penned. ....

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-03-18          126285

Vermont has NO GUN CONTROL LAWS, you can wear a six gun if you want and walk into a bank or a store, no laws against it at all. During Hunting season it is very common to see Guns in resturants etc. We also have a legal right as passed by law to "SHOOT TO KILL TO PROTECT LIFE OR PROPERTY". We are very rural; and have had some brutal murders by people coming up from the city and it was decided that if people had to wait for the cops to show up under the ole equal force laws, people were dead. So the law was passed and Liberals thought the sh-- was going to hit the fan, it didn't. We have a low crime rate here. I have a loaded 9mm Berretta in the car, the law says it can not be chambered but the magazine can be full and inserted.
Morton Grove Ill. passed some rigged Gun Control Laws, years ago and there violent crimes escalated. Lake City Fla, decide that with Gun Laws criminals don't read laws or abide by them and would continue thier sprees, decided to make it mandatory for everyone to own a Gun. Their crimes plummneted.
If I was a criminal I would break into a house where I knew there was strict gun control laws and not one where I knew the residents were armed and knew how to use their firearms.
Guns do not kill people, People kill people..
Bernie Sanders won his first election against Peter Smith because he promised Vermonters he would ensure there would be No Gun Control and Peter Smith was in favor of Gun Control. Smith out Bernie in.
How many drive bys would ther be if them bastards knew people would shoot back? ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-20          126348

wingwiper,

Your question:"How many drive bys would ther be if them bastards knew people would shoot back?"

One, with good aim?

South Carolina passed a law a few years ago which requires a training class and license and you can wear a concealed handgun. Then businesses were given the right to not allow them in their business. Sort of seems fair and responable on all sides.

It was pointed out or asked if a person with a conceal carry permit was in a business that did not allow his weapon there and he was shot would that business be libel? To date that has not happened I am aware of.

SC still allows a not licensed carring of handgun (loaded) in your vechilce as long as in closed gloved compartment or such as far as I know. NC did at one time but the gun had to be in plain view, opposite of SC law. Guess who was often in SC courts on law violation. These laws could be changed.

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-20          126375

Last year or not to long ago Florida got the "right to shoot law". Two many car jackings and the unarmed individual does not stand a chance all he can do is to get out. This would be a wise dicision it is just a car. What if your baby is in the back seat, or your sick child what do you do then let them take your family not this old country boy.

WingWiper
I love Vermonts gun laws.

KT

I travel back and forth from SC To GA with my guns to the old home stead in Waterboro SC. I asked the Law enforment personel in GA. and SC. both told me that if you have a gun, loaded or not, put it in plain site on a seat. If you are pulled over let the officer know that you have a gun or guns and there would not be a problem. The problem occurs when the auto is searched and guns are found. When they find them they are now weapons. This has happended to me twice once in GA, once in SC I let them know about the guns. I had no problems.

My son and daughter hunted from a very early age. First with BB guns and always with me. They were told when you are around someone with a gun and that persons is not carefull where the barrel is pointing get away form him/her right then. They know nothing about a gun. Loaded or unloaded is not something YOU guess about. Always keep a gun in safe condition no compromise. If you want someone to be safe with a gun they must be trained. Experence is a tough teacher it gives the test first and then the lesson. Most of the shooting in the home by accident is not the fault of the gun it is lack of understanding. Daddy puts the gun in the night stand and never tells the curious child. All the child has ever seen concering guns came from TV where death is not premanent. The gun safe is a great Idea. I caught the devil puttng the safe in the house now loaded with ammo, guns, coins, and the such it weighs in excess of 1,800 lbs that is a tough cookie to haul off.
My two cents worths ....

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-03-20          126378

KT & Sg

Right on! agree with both of your replies.
Our Shoot to kill law was challeneged a few years back when a guys garage was being broken into, in the wee morninmg hours, all he could see was shadows and he yelled out some warnings that were ignored. So he fired his .357 and one dark figure dropped to the ground. It turned out to be a 17 year old kid and the round hit him in the artery of the upper leg. They had been breaking into the guys garage. Before the Ambulance could arrive, the kid bled to death and there was over a year of court battles. When the dust cleared, the home owner won. NOT GUilty in all accounts. Vermont laws was challenged and stood strong.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login