Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cyber Power 850 AVR Uninterrupted Power Supply UPS

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-01          151016

Finally got a power backup for my desktop computer. We have been having so many power blips lately that a hard drive failure was inevitable.

Bought this from Buy.com, used the Google pocket to pay and got $10 off and free budget shipping Net $91 no tax.

The budget shipping was supposed to be 7 to 9 days. The warehouse was so close it came overnight :) Go figure!

Tested it out and it seems to work great. Has a nice blue screen that shows you battery condition and also shows you how many KW's everything hooked up to it is using.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-01-28          188786

I have had this Cyber Power 850 AVR UPS now for 5 years. Wondering if anyone knows how long these things last or should be replaced or become unstable and could become a fire hazard :-( ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2014-01-28          188794

I bought two mid range 1500VA APC UPSs to provide backup for our security system, phone system (KSU based), and two NAS drives. About six months after the warranty expired one of them started beeping continuously. It wasn't the batteries, the UPS died. Six months later the second one died.

Replaced them with two TrippLite 1500VA UPSs. I was really happy with those, they did great until one extended outage when the batteries were drained down. When that happened BOTH UPSs died. New batteries wouldn't revive them, they both failed in the same manner by refusing to turn back on. TrippLite tech support said to just buy new ones. What good is a UPS that dies the first time the batteries are drained?

Replaced ONE of them with a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD UPS about three months ago. So far, so good, for the price I'd be really happy if they last 5 years. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-01-29          188796

So I guess I am fortunate then... I am only using it to give keep my cable modem, router and desktop PC from crashing during the frequent power blips we get here. I never let it drain much at all, only during major outages like Sandy!

I read that replacement batteries don't last long according to some reviewers..better to just buy another one at some point. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login