Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
George in VT
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-26          41649

Got my new MX5 delivered this weekend. I have some fields that haven't been touched in years. Drove through stuff that was well over my head and came out the other side without a problem. I read a lot on this board before buying and the info I got really helped in making the right choice. Rounded cutting edge shatters the saplings so will not have to worry about them breaking through tires in the future. Thanks to all that help us rookies out with their questions.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
Bob S

2002-09-27          43021

Did you look at the Woods mid grade cutter? Its a bit heaver. I like a lot about it. I will be purchasing a 4310 next week and I have had a lot of troule in deciding on the rotary cutter option. ....

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
George in VT

2002-09-30          43104

I did look at the woods. Went with the MX5 and don't regret it. I have my rear wheels pushed out so they are wider than my cutter. I have a lot of woods and it has proven helpful to have it between the tires. Good luck, I'm sure you will enjoy your 4310. ....

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
SWAMPHUNTER

2003-06-21          58082

I have a JD 4310 with iMatch hitch and the MX5 mower. The top link receptacle on the MX5 doesn't seem to match with the top hook on the iMatch. It's higher than where the upper hook will match and still engage the lower pins. It will match with the a lower toggle links connection on the MX5. I've tried every combination of adjustment I can think of with no success. The JD dealer wasn't much help on the phone and the manual is practically useless. ....

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-21          58083

That's interesting. My 4310 with iMatch and MX5 should be delivered early next week. I will make sure the delivery guy hooks it up to make sure it fits, and post back here with the results.

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-03          58783

kwschumm, have you taken delivery of your 4310 yet? ....

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-03          58789

Yep! I posted pictures in the JD Owning forum under the "4310 Arrived" thread. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it much since we have relatives in town for the fourth - but starting next week I'm gonna get some serious seat time in!

3 cheers for JD s MX5

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-03          58794

Doh! I'll go take a look, can't keep up with all the posts in my head! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login