Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus 420AN Electrical Schematic

View my Photos
mvencel
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-10          165562

Does any one know where I can a good electrical diag. for an 1991 Belarus 420AN tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-10          165563

What exactly are you trying to do that you want a wiring diagram for?

These are pretty simple beasts, nothing fancy about them at all.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
mvencel

2009-09-11          165591

When I push in what the book calls the ground button it blows
a 15 amp fuse. the tractor runs OK but will not charge the battery. When I disconnect the alternator the fuse does not blow. I had the alternator checked and it was bad. I bought a new one and have the same problem. The button I am talking about is the one you push in to start the tractor. My tractor and books are at my farm in Indiana and I am not there at this time. This is all the detail I can remember. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-12          165602

Ok. I think I got the idea.

First off, Russian is a VERY ancient language, and one that hasn't really changed with the times. As a result, words like "starter" just don't exist in the language. As a result they use the word that is the literal meaning of what the switch does, in this case "ground" the starter thus completing the circuit and making it turn over. The translatorobviously didn't know the proper English word to use instead.

At any rate, I suspect the problem is the starter is drawing too many amps and blowing the fuse. This also likely what killed the alternator too. The excess load ran the battery down making the alt. work too hard.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-09-12          165603

Okay where's Murf and what have you done with him? Maybe he's floating off the coast of Florida--laptop and beer, eh? still in hand.

Murf, ol' boy--a fuse for the starter? There's not even a fuse for the solenoid--at least on my stuff. That's a new one on me.

And, an alternator working too hard blows it? New one too.

Sounds to me like a battery has been discharged and then recharged reverse-polarity or the polarity for the battery terminals have been reversed. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-09-12          165605

Not Florida Jeff, Lake Muskoka, Google it. Oh, and iPhone not laptop.

Me thinks you missed the part where he said it runs ok, how would it start with a reversed battery?

Lots of machines I've seen have a fuse on the switched side of the starter solenoid. Seems pretty normal to me. If the battery is low, as voltage drops current increases, if the big Rooskie solenoid is on the fritz also I could see it pulling too many amps.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
mvencel

2009-09-17          165735

The fuse blows when the ground switch is pushed in. This only enables the circuit. The starter is engaged when you turn the key. Therefore it is not the starter. What is in the circuit besides the alternator, ground button, amp meter. This is why I need a electrical diagram. Can anyone help. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-09-17          165738

Sorry I can't help you with a diagram. But EW's right, these are simple beasts. If the Russians wire tractors like the Chinese, the starter solenoid circuit is not independently fused. But there is a system fuse, and it's not 15A. Mine's 30A.

The system fuse protects the entire wiring system as a whole, to include the starting circuit. So - on my tractors anyway - the only fuse that the starter solenoid circuit COULD blow, would be the system fuse. A bad keyswitch (or starter button) will take out a system fuse in a heartbeat.

If it helps, the typical electrical flow is Battery>starter>system fuse>ammeter>keyswitch>clutch interlock>starter solenoid>ground. If some fuse other than the system fuse is blowing, good chance that an accessory wire is crossed with a starting system wire someplace.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
gberan

2010-04-14          169999

I have a 420AN, but not an electrical diagram. The button you are talking about is the ground button for the entire electrical. The ground from the battery hooks directly to it. In the engaged position (pushed in) the batteries (two 6 volts in series) are setup for a complete circuit for what ever you are wanting to do. If a fuse blows as soon as you push the button in, there is a short circuit somewhere in the circuit. If it is this 15A fuse, trace the wire from the side of the fuse that is not connected to the battery, and you should find your problem, ie a bare shorted wire, or defective item that is operated by that branch of the circuit. Hope this helps ....

View my Photos
tonybartunek

2010-09-02          173650

Hello everybody,
did you ever get electrical diagram for your Belarus 420?
I have problem with starting, batteries are OK, maybe solenoid or starter switch? Can anybody help?
Please let me know.
Regards, Tony, new member in Canada ....

Link:   electrical problem

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-09-02          173652

Tony, are you near Kitchener/Waterloo? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2010-09-02          173654

Auer, it looks like Tony is about 300 miles north east of you, up near North Bay.

Tony, if you describe the problem a little more maybe we can offer some better advice.

If it helps any, most of those machines run a strange hybrid system, everything but the starter is a 12 volt system, the starter is 24 volts. It could be that you are having relay problems, meaning the starter is trying to roll over on just 12 volts instead of 24 volts. That would make it crank really slow, and it won't take long to burn up the starter windings if that's the case.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
stuccoman

2011-12-27          181779

I have a 420an I am trying to restore to running condition, and have just purchased a service manual from a company called jensales. I should receive it in the next day are so I will look and see if it has a complete wiring diagram. Contact me to let me know if you still need this information. ty merry christmas ....

View my Photos
jakeflyer

2011-12-28          181790

I do have the drawing for the 420 electric, Language is in Russian but I have a repair/parts man that can help with that.

If I have your email address I can foward it to you. Posting of email address is not allowed on this site. call me at 714.331.5135 and I can get your email and send it to you ....

View my Photos
scottctexas

2014-01-13          188663

if you found one please email me it,so in need of one. scdickinson1377 gmail thanks in advance ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login